Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GTO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira of the Eternal
One of the Legendary Sannin
Kira of the Eternal

GTO Empty
PostSubject: GTO   GTO Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 pm

i watched the anime of Great teacher Onizuka [GTO] and it was ine of the best series i've seen, my favorite character was Urumi Kanzaki, but she wasn't fleshed out in the anime as she was in the manga [i've read up on her character over the interwebs].

i still thought the anime was awesome, but the manga seems so much better [hard for me to admit, i usually prefer the anime over the manga in most series] so if you could please get your hands on the GTO manga i'd be really happy. i realize i'm a newbie on here but i'd really like if you could try to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Kira of the Eternal
One of the Legendary Sannin
Kira of the Eternal

GTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO   GTO Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 pm

i guess i did not go into enough details, i've never done this before so i don't know what to say, i'm a bit discouraged that i got 11 hits and no replies.

i really like the series for all the otaku in-jokes, self-referencial humor and Sony product placement. but mostly for the really memorable characters, even though i believe its meant to be a shounen anime its very character-driven and the adventures of Onizuka are really awesome, be it trying to cheat at pachinko with a wig full of magnets to pay off a class trip to the beach or tracking down his students after they got him drunk and made him look like a child-toucher. and when he does track down all his students who try to get him fired his lessons usually make them come around to his side.

and those students are great, the nihlistic Urumi Kanzaki, the stupid, big breasted, model Tomoko Namura, the little whiny kid who keeps getting beat up by girls, the giant man-woman with the uber-sensitive feelings, or the geeky kid who starts off doctoring lewd phots of Onizuka but ends up the brains of his group. the school nurse who uses her feminine whiles to pawn cheap crap off on male students, its such a great series and i'd love if you guys would carry the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

GTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO   GTO Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Sorry- this is the first chance I've had to check the website in a bit for any real length of time since last week (long weekend), so this is the first time seeing your message!! (don't get discouraged). Thank you for making the suggestion!! It's a good one. I know somone else too who really likes this series, though I haven't read it yet myself. I'll look into the possibility of getting it for the library tomorrow when I stop in to work....I'll let you know then.

thanks!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

GTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO   GTO Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 3:48 pm

The first 9 volumes of GTO are now on order for the library and should be here in 2-4 weeks or so, but people can reserve them in the catalogue if they would like as early as tomorrow. (For longer running series we tend to order them in segments, so we will see how the first 9 volumes circulate and then order more after that. Our budget is starting to get a little tight for this year so that is why we do that). Thanks for your suggestion!!
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Kirsh
Genin
Kirsh

Location : Crimea, the land of my beloved Soren, teh one hit archsage.

GTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO   GTO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Seen all of GTO, it was a funny series if not a little perverted(understatement) it keeps me laughin everytime I see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTO Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO   GTO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canton Teen Animanga :: Anime / Manga :: Manga / Anime Suggestions-
Jump to: