Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Higurashi anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:59 pm

kitsune got me into this totally awesome, totally violent and bloody yet totally cute anime called higurashi no naku koro ni. and yes i know i said totally to many times in that sentence -.-

anyway its pretty viloent but its just alot of blood....and beating people death or stabbing and such...

but the anime style is so cute, the first scene of the series is a boy beating two girls to death (it doesnt show any details but if you watch more of it you'll know who was killing who and why ;3) but besides that you would never think it was a "horror" anime.

anyways a really good website to watch higurashi is piggymoo.com.

the character my avatar and sig is mion sonozaki from higurashi. shes cool and im actually alot like her ^^....besides the green hair though...-.-
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 pm

I actually think I wanted to view this when it was being fansubbed. However, I was too busy watching Zombie-Loan and xxxholic to see it. Now that it's liscensed I refuse to watch the fansubs. I've been thinking of renting the discs...

Anyway, I've read a little bit of the manga. It's really confusing because there are eight series in total, four 'question' arcs and four 'answer' arcs. Only the first question arc has been liscensed...

I like Mion, but I like what's her name better. The girl with the long dark-blue hair? Her name's Rena, I just figured it out.

Anyway, here are the arcs:

1.Onikukushi-ken (Question/the only one liscensed) Basically an introduction (Sinister undertones)

2. Watanagashi-hen (Question) More light-hearted chapters (Furthers into the plot)

3. Tatarigoroshi-hen (Question) Confusing and depressing, kind of like the final moments before the climax

4. Himatsubushi-hen (Question) Prequel and a sequel to Tatarigoroshi-hen, takes place three years before.

5. Meakashi-hen (Answer) Solution to Watanagashi-hen

6. Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Answer) Solution to Onikukushi-hen

7. Minagoroshi-hen (Answer) Solution to Tatarigoroshi-hen.

8. Matsuribayashi-hen (Answer) Wraps up the series, an actually 'happy' ending.

There they are, in that order. Why are the arc names so long?

Last edited by Genten on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 pm

dark blue? is she really small? if so then its rika. shes really cute, her death in the anime is kinda sad, bloody, yet awesome in a weird sort of way. i prefer watching it. its pretty confusing but i still get the jist of it. kitsune explained to me its sort of like a video game for those who are stuck under oyshima (or however you spell it) curse. like wehn they die (or kill someone i think) it completly resets. like mika died more than once, so did this photographer guy and takano-san....i hate her....even keiichi has died a couple times. i think where im at right now its reset about three times.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 am

Yep. The people in Higurashi have to continuously relive thr month of June 1993 (I think) while finding clues as to who the real murderer is. When smoeone is killed by another who isn't the real murderer, then it completely resets.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 pm

ah yeah that makes a bit more sense....actually in a random video i was watching i think rena was saying something about it being "still june"
and rena doesnt have long dark blue hair o_O her hair is very short and kinda....brownish orangeish....
but shes cute too ^^

i like her cute dance, though its so hard to do o_O kitsune almost can....maybe she was destined to be a acrobat....
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Well, I looked on Wikipedia and they had a cast picture, so I read the description. It said "Rena" under the last person, so I assumed it was Rika...But I think I knew Rena was a brunette. I remember seeing a Carmelldansen of her and Keichii.

Actually, wasn't Higurashi a video game first, then a visual novel, then a manga, then an anime?
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:32 pm

really? i had no idea it was a game or whatever, anime last? that would make a little sense, well a game last would make more sense to me
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Yep, according to Wikipedia, Higurashi no Naku Kuro Ni (literally "When Cicadas Cry") was a series of eight games developed by 07th Expansion. These games, which I believe were for the PC, spanned two PlayStation games, of which the first included seven arcs, three original arcs, and the second containing the last arc and another original. An epilogue was also included.

Unfortunately, the games aren't available in the US. Also, only a little bit of the anime was released, so unfortunately unless the license is picked up by a new company, Higurashi won't be released anymore.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Yes, I am double posting but this...this just needs to be posted...

http://www.onemanga.com/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_-_Onikakushi/2/09/

I was cruising through the manga...and I found this...and laughed...so hard....hehehehe....

And this: http://www.onemanga.com/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_-_Onikakushi/2/65-omake-3/

No I am not creepy!

(That is Keiichi by the way)
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 pm

damn now i really wanna play the games -.-
hehe
piggymoo.com seems to have alot of the series, i think theres two seasons or something....i dunno i dont have good memory sometimes Kaos-Brown10
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 am

If you want to read the series, go here
Spoiler:

But, if you do read the series, I think it is a little more graphic then the anime. Also, be sure to start with the Onikikushi arc. That is VERY important, or you won't understand anything.

Yeah, though, good luck finding the games. I hear from the grapevine that at some of the larger conventions (Anime Central, Anime North, AnimeExpo, Otakon), have booths that carry some Japanese-only release games, and it's true, I've seen 'em, but those things are ex-pen-sive. Seriously, unless you wanna spend 100+ dollars on a game that might not even work for your system, don't buy. PC games in Japan will not run (smoothly) on an American PC. Playstations I don't know about, but, seriously, it's not worth to shell out for 'em.

The best thing is to hope for a stateside release. Though I'd personally prefer the All ages version of Kanon and Air first, but still.

I love Keiichi in that cat-maid-swimsuit outfit.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 pm

damn.... Kaos-Brown11 (the game thing) i wonder what suckers they get to buy those.

keiichi in a cat maid outfit? hehe i havent seen that yet X3 ill try that website, my computer doesnt do to well with manga reading websites. what if nerd-kun could get them in the library? heh that would be cool X3
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Eh, you've never seen Keiichi in a cat-maid-swimsuit outfit? I included the links to that picture in my post....Do they not work?

Oh, you'd be surprised. My friend would've bought the Japanese Haruhi PlayStation game if she had the money. And some people can afford Japanese classes and computers, so they'd probably buy them...

It seems a lot of the good stuff hasn't been translated into English. The D.Gray-man reverse novels, the Higurashi manga, the Haruhi light novels, Potemayo....

The list goes on.

About the manga: Well, Yen Press has one of the arcs...or all of the manga, I can't tell. When I went to One manga, only one of the arcs was licensed and it wasn't the first one...Makes me wonder if they'll pull a Haruhi or Star Wars on us...

I kind've wonder if the manga'll be shrink wrapped. I mean, it wasn't that bad, and on One Manga it didn't have a 'mature content' warning on it. I mean, all there is is violence and a few scenes of cross dressing. Nothing you don't see in your average horror flick!

And now I'm hesitant to see the anime. Seeing them in motion...
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Yes, I'm double posting again. I'm such a horrible person. Anyway, when I said (typed, whatever) that When They Cry was cut off because Geneon closed down? Haha, no more, because Funimation picked up the titles!

Now I can finally rent the whole thing from Netfix! (money? What?) If there was a Carmelldansen smilie there'd be, like, sixty of them right here.
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am

Hey Neko, the 1st Higurashi manga (the English title they are using is Higurashi: When they cry) is due out in Nov. by Yen Press...but there is something a little funky with the release date (I am wondering if it is getting pushed back to next year). Either way, I'll keep an eye out for when it does finally come out for getting it for the library.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 pm

noooo cant be pushed back to next year!!!!!!!

a caramelldansen smilie would be fun XD nerd-kun!! can you make a caramell dasen smilie?!!? *does caramell dansen to no music*
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Be sure to pay attention to the arc names. Stupid screwy schedule, this is JUST like Kyoto Animation!

If I had any pixel talent whatsoever I'd make a Carmelldansen smilie. But I don't so you'll have to wait.

And as long as Yen Press is faithful with their Zombie-Loan releases, I'm not too mad at them for Higurashi.
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:32 pm

I just finished the first manga arc. I really like it, though it scares me. But that's only because I get paranoid easliy. But it was really interesting how the plot went along. It hat me on the edge of my seat.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:03 pm

I've read it, like, 536472 billion times. I just wish the scanners of the Watanagashi Arc hurry up with their schedule.

And the Omakes were awesome! Yay for crossdressing! Hurhurhurhurhurhurhur.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Higurashi anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Higurashi anyone?   Higurashi anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Higurashi anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canton Teen Animanga :: Anime / Manga :: Manga / Anime Suggestions-
Jump to: