Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which do you prefer?

Go down 
+2
Yoshi
Genten
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

Which do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 pm

The older anime or the newer anime?

I like both, except maybe I like the newer titles a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:50 pm

new ftw
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:16 pm

i dunno...i dont like the older animation style that much but i really just like all anime....well all anime that i like at least. there are some that i wish would burn in anime hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:38 am

And what would those be? I think, for one, that Girl's Bravo season one and two should be destroyed...And all circulations of Dokoro-chan should be burned...

And, sorry for my ineptness at comprehending the diverse language of abbreviated symbols that is the text speak, but what does ftw mean?
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 am

Genten wrote:
but what does ftw mean?

for the win ftw lol rotflmfao!!! n00b g0t p0nz0rd

Naruto8 Naruto8 Naruto8 Naruto8
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 pm

-smacks yoshi-
ur l337 5l<1llz 4r3 n07 45 gr347 45 joo 7l-l1nl<. 17 1z n07 p0nz0rd 17 1z 0\/\/z0r3l] 45 l337 m4573r largo 54y5.

stupid yoshi <3

i can only tnink of a couple animes off the top of my head but i ABSOLUTLY F-ING HATE BOBO BO BOBOBO OR WHATEVER THE F@#* IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that anime--if you can even call it that- should be erased from all existance!!!
i also dislike prince of tennis...and....this one anime...its weird, this thing comes out the boys head...and theres a girl who hits people with her guitar...i dont remember the name but it freaks me out for some reason.

i cant really think of any others right now =/
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh, Neko, you did my job for me. *Puts away textbook shaped rocks*

You hate FLCL! Oh my god! As a hardcore Gainax fan, you would normally be shunned! But I'm not that stupid, so you aren't. But, seriously, why does it freak you out? I mean, it's just robots coming out of a guy's head.

And I like Bo^7, too. I never get tired of it. Although, agreed, the Prince of Tennis anime gets a little old at the end.

I don't like Yumeria, Speed Racer (sorry), or any other haren show (besides a few exceptions). And Shuffle! would normally be included, but for some reason I'm attached to it. Primula rules!
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:08 am

lol i think i'm the one who just got p0wz0rd...... pale affraid pale
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:29 pm

yes yoshi. yes you did get totally owned by me.

OMG!!!!!!!! that reminds me i never finished that l337 comic!!! oooh this is such a perfect moment for it!! im not even sure if i scanned it yet, ill have that up as soon as i can!!

and while im mentioning comics i will put up sasuke's birthday comic asap.
:WARNING: it has yaoi reference. it doesnt show anything it just suggests it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:48 pm

there are a lot of old animes that kick ass like marmalade boy [old, yes no?] and there are new ones that are cool too.

i think it's both good and bad, you know?
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 am

it depends, i mean things like EVA, Gunbuster, Ping Pong Club, Video Girl Ai and Chobits are some of the best anime ever, newer things like Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Excel Saga and Gundam SEED are also amazing.

see "old" encompasses all the great things from the past that revolutionized anime, you really realize how that happens after knowing that Gunbuster was affectionately nick-named "Bust-Gunner" because it really brought fan service into the main stream with it's bathing scenes. you wanna see EVA's influenced watch Raxephon its like they just made EVA, except not as good. the third season of digimon has its own version of NERV, complete with a Gendo-character that captures and analyzes angels... I MEAN DIGIMON! the main characters towards the end have sync-ratios, a couple of the tamed digimon go beserk, the evil cough-syrup monsters have umbilical cables coming out of their backs and i swear cyberdramon has a prog-knife.

Eureka 7 is an extreme example of how new anime spawned from old ones can go horribly wrong. when you see Renton go all Shinji-against-the-third-Angel on some enemy mech, its kinda funny, seems like parody. then when the coral with human reproductive organs start popping up and the gecko is going around like some airborne central dogma, and you start realizing the guys behind this think that the only flaw with EVa was that the plot was explained too well and it made too much sense... yeah i want those 26 hours of my life back.

but at the same time Gundam SEED [Kira and his prog-knife wielding Gundam and all] does a good job with bringing the genocide and racism that Gundam was always about right into your face, the moebius nuclear raids on colonies, junius 7, GENESIS, and Ra Le Creuset flying around saying it's God's will that all of humanity needs to be wiped out, as well as the enviromental group blue cosmos that now goes around trying to kill all the babies and people of the coordinator race "FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR BLUE AND PURE WORLD!" just really hits me more than 0079 with its "colony fell before the series started" or even char's counter attack or 0083 with their "look at that colony kill those earthlings down there" Stella killing every man, woman and child she sees as she walks through cities in the Destroy is so superior to that.

i'd have to say that now is a great moment in anime, code geass may one day be the next EVA, Lucky Star the new Ping Pong Club, but the originals will always be awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:58 am

Video Gril Ai, though a little fan servicey (be warned), is still perhaps one of my favrotie romantic comedies of all time. It does the love triangle, heartbreak, on the edge of your seat to see the next episode sort of thing very well.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 pm

have you shown video girl Ai at animanga yet?
because if not you really should!
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Alas, I think it's a little too fan-servicey to show at animanga. I think it's rated 16 and up. It's one of those series, much like Chobits, that while it does have a lot of story substance it also has a good quantity of fan service elements thrown in for some reason that pushes it up to be for a slightly older audience.

Last edited by Librarian Hokage on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:04 am

yeah it kinda does huh?

i don't really remember Chobits being too bad though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer?   Which do you prefer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which do you prefer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canton Teen Animanga :: Anime / Manga :: Otakus Unite-
Jump to: