Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 pm

So, I just finished this series not to long ago, and I have to say it was really good. It's a mecha anime, which I normally don't get into, but I found this one to be very interesting. It has action and romance in some parts. Has anyone seen it?
Here's a wikipedia page on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann
Back to top Go down
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:54 pm

I have the last disc of season 2 with me and I haven't watched season 3 yet. Fear not, I will get there eventually!

(And finally someone else knows and likes Gurren Lagann!)
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:37 am

yes i've seen it. and of course it was good, it was made by GAINAX after all.

i mean come on, when something comes from the makers of Gunbuster, DieBuster, Neon Genesis Evangelion and FLCL as well as adapting Mahoromatic and Kare Kano into Anime you can't really expect it NOT to be good [i never watched this ugly and beautiful world all the way through yet so for all i know GAINAX is, ironically: Mortal]

i'm always happy to see the new insane power those guys come up with for their main character. Noriko's Gunbuster 1 could fight enemies several astronomical units long, Nono/Gunbuster Unit 07 could split planets in half with a single touch and incorporate a swarm of androids large enough to seal our entire galaxy into a bubble into a giant mech for herself and by the time Shinji fought against the 3rd impact Evangelion Unit 01 was more or less God. so i was very happy to see Simon punch and enemy through a dimension. [the guys at GAINAX are Physics nerds, so they love all this crazy stuff.]

personally whilst i think Gundam SEED and Excel Saga are the two best anime ever made, if i had to pick one company to take a risk on it'd be GAINAX. i really think we need to add Gunbusters 1 and 2 [2 being DieBuster] into the library DVD collection, they are required viewing anyone who knows the word "anime" and i once more say we need a GAINAX night like we had a CLAMP night. i have much respect for CLAMP, Chobits is right on par with EVA, infact i think its a better series, but FLCL, GB 1-2, Mahoromatic, Kare Kano and Gurren Lagann really outshine Angelic Layer and Card Captors.

please make a GAINAX night!
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

A gainax night might be a cool idea. However, even the clamp-night had only a middling turn out, so a lot would depend on the date and time I think. I'm relooking at schedule stuff for next year, and I may have a survey for people next time too; we might have longer, special theme based type animanga-club meetings on maybe like a quarterly basis to suppliment the normal club meetings, but I still have to figure out what days and times would be best, or if people can make it at all to this sort of thing. So, we'll see.

As for Gurren Lagann, that series is already on the docket to be shown soon. I was surprised at how much I liked that show too. That series has just so much raw...coolness (and you get the feeling from watching it that the creators know it too -ha!). It's a very over the top, tons of enegry, in your face action sort of show. Wink It's goooood.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 pm

you really need to try and get your hands on copies of GunBuster's 1 and 2 [DieBuster] they are two of the best series i've seen and really as awesome as Gurren Lagann is as a Mech, Gunbuster and Nono's final form put it to shame.

i see copies of DieBuster everywhere, but i haven't seen Gunbuster around, i think you should put in some work and get those two, they are amazing shows.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm

You know, I got the most adorable little knick knack the other day. It's a chibi Nia figurine. I love it.

Anyway, if were talking awesome GAINAX series then number one is FLCL. Then Diebuster and after that comes Gurren Lagann. Diebuster comes before Gurren because Nono's all of that show's awesomeness combined and a bag of chips. Is anyone else as obsessed with the Diebuster soundtrack as I am?
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:59 am

well yeah, the opening and ending tracks are some the best of any anime.

and seriously, you give a top 3 of GAINAX and EVA or GunBuster are not anywhere to be found? BLASPHEMY! and that is very difficult to achieve when talking about GAINAX...

1.EVA
2.FLCL
3.GunBuster
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:52 pm

EVA is overrated. I prefer his wife's work (see: Sugar Sugar Rune). It's not my fault the thing never dies! How many Asuka/Rei figurines are out there? How many spin-offs are there of NGE? Blasphemy indeed.

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to find a bomb shelter.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 10:43 pm

yeah, EVA is over-rated, but most anime are depending on who you talk to, there are legions of screaming fans that will tell you that Naruto is the best anime in the history of time, and at the same time there's always one guy in his basement who will explain to you how your favorite anime is inferior to ping-pong club.

EVA is by no means my favorite anime of all times, but i still think its the best thing GAINAX ever did, just how far-reaching, influential, epic and disturbing it is, especially by the End of Evangelion movie, it just can't be beat, no matter how awesome Gurren Lagann or FLCL are on the surface. EVA is the star wars of anime, people will be debating about it until the end of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?   Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canton Teen Animanga :: Anime / Manga :: Otakus Unite-
Jump to: