Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Empty
PostSubject: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:03 pm

~D. Grayman
~Vampire Knight

Will be adding more soon :3
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:29 pm

We already have the mangas for both of these at the library but as for the animes -Funimation owns the rights to both of these, I believe. So, for licenced anime we have to wait till they come out state-side...They are putting out D.Gray-man in '09 sometime, but no word yet on when for Vampire Knight- Sad ....

Suggestions are awlays good! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Librarian Hokage wrote:
We already have the mangas for both of these at the library but as for the animes -Funimation owns the rights to both of these, I believe. So, for licenced anime we have to wait till they come out state-side...They are putting out D.Gray-man in '09 sometime, but no word yet on when for Vampire Knight- Sad ....

Suggestions are awlays good! Smile
Crap. I just thought of some today in school...P;

Ughhhh, what was it? Dxxx

Oh yeah!

xxxHolic
or
xxHolic

It's either two or three x's, I think it's two P:
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
One of the Legendary Sannin
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:59 pm

i think the library already has both the anime and manga for xxxHolic, is a great series though.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:49 am

Really? I didn't know that...>->
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 am

But up to how many volumes? I'm still trying to get volumes 11 & 12 and I can't seem to find them.

In my opinion I liked the manga better than the anime, the opening better than the ending and the 1st season better than the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:16 pm

We have up to volume 12 right now Genten. They're probably chekced out. You can reserve them though if you want for when they come in. We usually try to make sure that we get new volumes in of series very close to the realease date, since we know people are clamoring for them and it's important for us to keep up with that. Wink
For the anime it's a slightly different story. We have up to the fourth disc of the anime right now. I think there's 5 or 6 discs out for that, so we are a little behind...but should get caught up in January.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:31 am

yeah, i actually managed to get the new xxxHolic and Claymore volumes pretty close to release, and i live in inkster so i can't even reserve them!

i still can't get my hands on Tsubasa 17 or Rurouni Kenshin 24, which have been out for ages. i have very odd luck...
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 7:25 pm

How about Ranma 1/2? (:
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 pm

I think they have all, if not most of, the manga. I'm not too sure about the anime, since it spawned eight seasons and two movies.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Recently, I was at the Plymouth District Library and saw some episodes so I was wondering if we could watch that (:
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:28 pm

We have a lot of the manga but for some reason we are missing some volumes in the middle of the series...hmmm...I will see about fixing that when the new year rolls around and we get our budget.

As for the anime, we have just the first season of it on dvd right now (4 discs) at the Canton library.

I love Ranma! I think it might be the first thing I saw that got me into anime actually... Smile We could possibly show it at animanga sometime, if people wanted that is.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Sounds nice for me (:

"Kitsune"/"Len"/"Deidara" got me into that (:
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:21 am

i'd be up for it being shown at animanga. i've heard some good things of it in the past so i wouldn't mind seeing it for myself.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:58 pm

Yeaaahhh c:

I can't seem to find Ranma 1/2 Book 12 P:
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 pm

lenaleechan, # 12 is one of the volumes we are missing (there are several that we didn't have and I'm re-ordering for us). Until we get our copy in though you might want to check Plymouth library, it looks like they have it there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Are the Canton and Plymouth libraries connected? Meaning, can I use my library card at the Plymouth library?
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Yes, there are a whole slew of libraries that have reciprocal borrowing (http://www.cantonpl.org/services/borrow/recipbor.html), which means you can use your Canton (or Plymouth, or Westland, etc.) card at another participating library. Plymouth and Canton are two of them, so you can use one at the other place. The only catch is you have to go to the desk and register your card with their system when you check out, and you can't place holds on already checked out items (usually) if it's not your home library.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

when will the replacement Tsubasa vol. 17 manga come in, cuz i've really wanted to read that for a while.

by the by, why are allthe Gundam SEED DVDs gone? they aren't in the system either, did they get thrown out for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 pm

The replacement Tsubasa 17 is on its way now...it will probably be a week or two though till it makes it's way here and through processing to be library-ready...You can put a hold on it if you want and they'll set it aside for you. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long...

As for the Gundam Seed DVDS they had to get withdrawn. Sad For some reason they just didn't circulate as well...which is a shame becuase I just saw that series not too long ago and it was awesome!!! I loved it! It makes me very sad...ah, well...maybe it was because the packaging wasn't all that attractive or maybe because people are watching their gundam elsewhere (online etc.), but regardless, we had to pull it (sadly) to make room for newer series....I'm keeping the discs though to raffle them off at Animanga sometime.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 pm

CRAP!!!!!!

*sob* and i actually thought for a while people might know about my favorite series andtalk about it at some point... my hopes have been dashed!

*mopes in corner*

at least i'll get to read Tsubasa... someday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3   Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lenalee-Chan's Suggestions :3
Page 1 of 1