Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Read anything interesting?

Go down 
+9
DarkShackles
HatakeTara
Rika-Taichou-14
rabbitofdoom
Ukitake
Neko
Nezumi
mazy
Librarian Hokage
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm

its not a manga but its just as good (in my opinion at least) its a fantasy book about 4 cat clans who live in the forest. the first series follows fireheart (now firestar) and his life until he became leader of his clan. then it follows his kits squirrleflight and leafpool, then it follows squirrleflights three kits lionpaw jaypaw and hollypaw. theres only two books out for the newest series.

theres also alot of side books, even and manga. the manga might be a little insulting to the tradtional japanese way (thats what i thought at first) but its alot better than i thought and i cant wait to get the next one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Ukitake
Genin
Ukitake

Location : Sitting at a computer, burning my nerdy little eyes out of their nerdy little sockets.

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:26 pm

I started reading Bleach in the fifth grade. It's completely awesome. Words can not explain this manga...you just have to read it. Kinda like trying to explain the plotline of Marmalade Boy to someone who's never heard of it... Kakashi Thumbs Up Kakashi gives Bleach his stamp of approval.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/larry_kun
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:58 am

Ha!-You can never really explain the plotline of Marmalade Boy without making someone do a double take (... marriage swap anyone?!?!...)!

Bleach of course is awesome. By the way, Bleach 22 should be at the library sometime soon, by the end of the month / early Feb. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

yayz bleach!! Kaos-Brown9
bleach is theonly anime where i dont hate anyone (except the scientist soul reaper guy, but i think everyone hates him. hes mean silent)

i even love that one captain...um ichimaru or something like that Kaos-Brown10

nerd-kun is bleach 21 in the library? silent
Back to top Go down
rabbitofdoom
Jonin
rabbitofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:25 pm

my friend is obsessed with bleach. i kinda wanna read it.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:40 pm

bleach is good, the first book or first few episodes) are funny too ^^

i brought my kon plushie to school today and miku freaked in 6th hour. almost made me (and several other bystanders) go deaf. ^^0

i had no idea she was a bleach fan o.O
Back to top Go down
rabbitofdoom
Jonin
rabbitofdoom

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:51 pm

lol i luv kon!
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:47 pm

Kon scares me... Shocked
But I is reading Bleach, FullMetal Alchemist and Mermaid melody. That last one dosen't fit well with the others... Kakashi Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:13 pm

bleach is awesome.
though i haven't read it in a while.
i need to catch up on my reading.

i like fullmetal alchemist and i've never heard of mermaid melody.
is it any good?
and it shouldn't matter if it fits in well with the others.

=D
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Meh, it's ok...kinda wierd. But it's not really called Mermaid Melody...that's the anime. I can't eveer seem to remember the manga title Kaos-Brown11
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:29 pm

ooooh mermaid melody. dei dei just got into that recently, she said she accidently found it, she thinks its okay. i dont think im gonna watch it Kaos-Brown14
Back to top Go down
HatakeTara
ANBU
HatakeTara

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:42 am

I just started reading Love Attack its really good if you like comedy/shojo type things.
Back to top Go down
DarkShackles
Chunin
DarkShackles

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Something interesting, eh?

I know some manga series that maybe some of you might like. Very Happy

D. Gray Man-
It's a pretty popular anime/manga in Japan and China. It's not so much popular in the USA, though. I think they offer it at book stores..>.>;...If you love Fullmetal Alchemist you'll love this series. ^^
http://www.onemanga.com/D.Gray-Man/

Shinobi Life-
Is not as of yet released in the US, but it's pretty interesting to say the least. If you love ninjas W00T! XD
http://www.onemanga.com/Shinobi_Life/

Aishiteruze Baby-
Pretty Frickin adorable series. It's not too long, but not too short.
http://www.onemanga.com/Aishiteruze_Baby/

Elfen Lied -
If you love bloody series this would be a good one as a anime and a manga. The series is interesting but sometimes very sick. If you have a weak stomach you shouldn't read it. ^^;
http://www.onemanga.com/Elfen_Lied/

Ouran High School Host Club -
I absolutely love this series. It's a hilarious romantic comedy which revolves arond a rich high school life in the shoes of a commoner. It's pretty sweet. =p
http://www.onemanga.com/Ouran_High_School_Host_Club/

If you want any descriptions I could tell you about them. If you want any more suggestions I'll gladly state them. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey guys-just a reminder (I’m about to be all librariany for a moment) that scanlations of licensed manga aren’t entirely copyright legal (though the site onemanga seems to be more respectful about it than most), so while it’s fine to talk about the sites, try not to post a direct link to it on the forum if you can help it, since one of the library's functions is to respect copyright. Don't worry about it Darkshakles- it's no big deal. I'm just putting the reminder out there for people.

That being said, those are some nice manga suggestions! I soooo want to read D.Grey-man. I keep hearing very good things about it. We just got the manga for it at the library!!! Yeah!!. so, come in and check it out! (after me, that is -ha. Razz)

By the way, I think the manga form of Mermaid Melody is called Pitchi Ptichi Pitch, if I am remembering right.

Anyway –thanks again for posting what you’re reading!! Smile

Last edited by Librarian Hokage on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Quote :
If you want any more suggestions I'll gladly state them

yes-yes-yes!!! Smile recommendations are always welcome!!! I think manga readers tend to go through series very fast and so are always on the look out for something new (and good) to read.

oh -we just got Love Attack #2 at the library HatakeTara (like yesterday).

hmmm....Why am I sounding to myself like a game show host announcer? Have all of my recent post been announcements about the library's new manga? hmmm..I've got to write about something else too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 am

Neh, I have so many manga...I've been into a lot of shounen series lately so my favorites are D.Gray-Man, and Kateyo Hitman Reborn! Yay pineapple...

Anyways, my all time favorites would have to be Loveless and DearS.

And Gintama/ Switch are really good comedically...

Wow, I have so many favorites.
Back to top Go down
DarkShackles
Chunin
DarkShackles

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Librarian Hokage wrote:
Hey guys-just a reminder (I’m about to be all librariany for a moment) that scanlations of licensed manga aren’t entirely copyright legal (though the site onemanga seems to be more respectful about it than most), so while it’s fine to talk about the sites, try not to post a direct link to it on the forum if you can help it, since one of the library's functions is to respect copyright. Don't worry about it Darkshakles- it's no big deal. I'm just putting the reminder out there for people.

That being said, those are some nice manga suggestions! I soooo want to read D.Grey-man. I keep hearing very good things about it. We just got the manga for it at the library!!! Yeah!!. so, come in and check it out! (after me, that is -ha. Razz)

By the way, I think the manga form of Mermaid Melody is called Pitchi Ptichi Pitch, if I am remembering right.

Anyway –thanks again for posting what you’re reading!! Smile

Ahhh. Gomen Gomen. ^^;
My bad.
Thanks. I read a lot of series of mangas more then I watch actual animes. =p
I don't know why....>.>;
D. Gray-Man is a amazing series. The anime isn't as grand as the manga, but the anime is pretty cool. When you get the chance you should read it.

You is welcome by the way. =D

Let me see. Some mangas I would like to suggest....

Godchild - It's pretty neat story plot. It's about this young Earl named Cain who is obsessed with collecting poisons. It follows him solving mysterious involving poisons. Which most are followed by human nature and emotional conflict. It kind of is like Case Closed aka Detective Conan, but not in a kiddish setting. It's pretty neat. =p

Zombie Powder - An other creation by the famous Tite Kudo who has created Bleach. I personally think this manga is amusing and exciting. Hunters called "powder hunters" search for legendary "Zombie Powder" which can bring a person back to life and make the living immortal. To obtain Zombie Powder you must gather the 12 rings of death. It's about this guy's *whose hilarious* search for the powder. It has a Trigun feel to it. =)

Claymore - It's a pretty sweet action series which involves women fighting....a lot....and some guys in it too, but anyway it's pretty intense. The story of Claymore follows the adventures of the Claymore warrior named Clare. The plot follows her as she fights Yoma and struggles to hold on to her humanity. And so on and so forth.

Rosario+Vampire - I don't know if this is out in the US, but it's pretty good. I think it'll be out soon in manga form.....ANYWAY! It's about this boy who gets sent to a different school due to low test scores and the only school which accept him is a secret school of supernatural monsters who are disguised as humans. It's a pretty amusing series to read.

I think that's all my suggestions for now. I'll let you guys know others later.
^^;
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:36 pm

i know nobody's posted a reply to this for a... REALLY LONG TIME, but thought i'd try reviving this thread.

I just recently read RE: Play by Christy Lijewski

the the cover art for the first volume reminds me so much of kitten-chan's art for some reason... o_o (that was the main reason i picked it up at least ahha)

but it's a really really good series and i love their punk outfits. Very Happy anybody up for some punk rock band better read this -- and NANA if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeofabinder.deviantart.com
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:37 pm

wow i just realized that i havent held a manga for over 2 months Sad

THANK JASHIN FOR THE INTERNET!
Back to top Go down
amaznXazn
Chunin
amaznXazn

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:01 am

omg genten you know what KHR is?? xDD ahaha dude like, no one i know knows what it is xDD i watched some of the anime, but haven't gotten around to the manga yet. but i've seen some manga scans AND OMGOMAEASODGOMG IT LOOKS SO PRETTY~ GOD THE ART IS LIKE GORGEOUS xDD

oh and airgear too, if any of you guys have read it Very Happy it's really good and the characters are awesome too xDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveninthesky.deviantart.com
mazy
mazy

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm

i've only seen a few episodes of airgear. it seems like a good series, but i'm only judging that from the episodes and not the actual manga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read anything interesting?   Read anything interesting? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read anything interesting?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2