Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FullMetal Alchemist <3

Go down 
+2
Yoshi
Rika-Taichou-14
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

FullMetal Alchemist <3 Empty
PostSubject: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Yesh... I'm officially obsessed and I just had to make a topic about it... who else but be loves it? I love you
Ah... bad topic starter...heh... ^^;
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 am

i havent seen to many or read much but i do love it to.

it is alot like naruto but a little more realistic, no?
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Not really. I'ts not that much more realistic than Naruto. But it is really cool! :3
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:23 pm

ahhh! I remember when I was so obsessed with FMA about 2 years ago. XD Then along came Kingdom Hearts... OwO

but I absolutely still love the show! Without a doubt!! It's one of the best storylines I've ever read/seen. And in the last episode (not the movie) I swear I could have started crying at the end.

*sniffle*
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeofabinder.deviantart.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:39 pm

kitsune had me watch some of the episodes, but ive already read all the mangas that are out so far. and ive seen the movie, i love FMA. but i hate how the manga, anime and freaking novel are so different (yes, there is a novel of it, i read the second novel instead of the second manga)
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:06 pm

I own three novels. Cool
And the movie made me cry, too.
But it does kind annoy me how the anime goes off track of the manga, but it's cool . Cool
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

eh, you understand it all eventually ^^
kitsune tells me everything i need to know, i knew about wrath before i got very far in the manga and apparently huges dies differently in the manga than in the anime...or am i just confusing myself again?
oh, poor huges, he was freaking awesome....
envy sounds like a old lady in english o.O
took me awhile to understand the whole dante thing too....
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:27 pm

Whoa... Hughes dies differently in the manga than the anime?? What chapter was that?

and the anime and manga are almost like 2 completely different story plots. O_O it's crazy!! but that's okay, they're both awesome. XD

the novels are kinda weird. I've only read part of the first one, and it had nothing to do with much of... you know... the plot-ish?
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 pm

thats the only thing that sucks about FMA, the huge dufferences between the manga anime and novel....why the hell is there a novel in the first place?! but its still a freaking awesome series!! and i really like wrath...and well i dont know much about dante but shes still cool.
Back to top Go down
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:03 pm

I could not help but post in this. Blame my need for adding my two cents.

[Explanation Time~Happy*Happy*Teacher Mode! [if you don't get it, it's a very old parody of a very overplayed anime genre]

Ehem. Novels exist for series because, ah, well, think of them as another form of Doujinshi. Fan works, either by American authors or Japanese authors. Just like Doujinshi, novels are pretty much the ultimate fan work. They are published works of events that will probably never happen in the actually manga.

Coincidentally, this ties in to another form of novel-the light novel. The light novel is like another way to tell the story of a manga or anime. These are basically very wordy picture books. A more excepted form of telling the manga plotline-'non-anime' fans prefer reading them so they look likie they're reading actual books instead of, well, comics.

Sorry to post this here, but I couldn't help it.

Ah, I was so sad when Hughes died! He was one of my favorite characters...*sniffsniff*. Hmm, though I think I like Ed the most...he's so sexy with his hair down...<--fangirl side speaking.

It took me forever to figure out that Envy was a guy. They barely ever say his gender...
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:39 pm

yeah, i would have been confused about envy too...but kitsune cleared things up for me. i kinda like this one clip on youtube, its called fullmetal alchemist files, the first one was about wrath which was kinda funny and the second one was about envy. in it the person says "envy is not a women. notice the lack of breast!" but the pic she used envy was kinda puffing out his chest so it did kinda look like boobies....
took me a long time to realize his hair was green o.O

ed is pretty sexy with his hair down, i kinda like it in a normal pony tail too. but there really isnt any guys from fma that i go crazy over.
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:29 pm

The novels aren't related to the manga or anime, but they're still good. I read the first and third one, and I'm just about to finish the second. I'd say my favorite quote, but it has a 'bad word'... XD.

But is is annoying how the anime as just like, "Bah, who cares about the manga?! We'll do whatever we want!" But it was still good...

And I got a fanbok the other day, with character profiles. It said Envy was of" Unknown gender." Shocked
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:03 pm

lmao!!!! well i guess its not surprising they'd say that since he can change from man to women.

shonen jump saved kitsune and me, we couldnt decide if rem (death note in case anyone didnt know) was a female shinigami or male shinigami. but there were profiles of some death note characters and for rem's gender it said female. even though we knew we still ran around asking random people on the street if they thought rem was a girl or a guy. :3
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:23 pm

ROFLMAO!!

that's awesome. I think of Envy as just "the palm tree". He doesn't need a gender. XD
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Palm tree? Razz Now that's funny XD.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 pm

omg!!! that reminds me!! one of the first things we did in my art class was some drawing exercises, one of them was to draw a tree. it was like those horoscope kinda things...i think, like if you drew this kinda tree it ment this, or whatever. anyway my teacher said if you drew a palm tree it ment your ambitious.
envy is a ambitious palm tree XD
i drew a doodle of that, i should re-draw it and make it a one panel comic or something like that...
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:12 am

lmao XDD

Envy = The Ambitious Palm Tree That Cross-Dresses

I love it.
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm

*Rolls over laughing*
Hey... that gives me ideas for comics... What a Face
Back to top Go down
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm

pahahahahaha.
that is fantastic.

i could think of so many senarios with envy as an ambitious tree.
it's great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FullMetal Alchemist <3   FullMetal Alchemist <3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FullMetal Alchemist <3
Page 1 of 1