Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM

Go down 
+2
Yoshi
Librarian Hokage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Empty
PostSubject: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Our big manga drawing contest has officially begun! The rules and entry form cam be found linked on our teen page: http://www.cantonpl.org/ya/

You can either turn in your art with the entry form at the library, or you can e-mail it in (See Guidelines on teen page for instructions). However, you can't, unforunately, just post it up here like with the manga missions. The reason is I'll need your real names and phone numbers to go along with the art to contact for prizes and make sure all drawings are legitimetly attached to the right person.

Either way, whether you turn it in in person or choose to e-mail your entry, all entries must be received by Nov. 30, 6:00 pm.

Spread the word. And, good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:46 pm

KEWL!!

i wish i could draw....
Back to top Go down
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Neither the rules nor the entry form are showing up for me. Could you post them here, Nerd-kun?
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:17 pm

aww, emo yoshi!
if you had the passion and practiced you could learn to draw, yoshi. few people are literally born with talent. (and if there are people like that here, f*** you, the rest of us have to work really hard on our art!!)

i still havent drawn my thingy for the contest silent i was thinking about changing it to lolita itachi and kakashi instead....hm, maybe i should enter my "akatsuki brothers" idea instead (like mario brothers just itachi and sasori are luigi and mario. deidara is peach and sakura is bowser -^_^-)

hmmm or maybe my vocaloid kitsune and neko instead.
gah! to many ideas! and none of my already drawn ones are worthy enough to be entered!! Naruto7

by the way.... 9 DAYS TILL YOUMA CON!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Genten, it's on the left hand side of the teen page near the bottom-ish where it says: "View the Manga Drawing Contest Guidelines." Click on that.
It's a word attachemnt (so people can print it out and fill it out by hand, or just fill it out via word); but for some reason we can't do an attachment here on the forum (don't aske me why...). Sooo, I cant' post the 'Entry Form' here, but I can post the rules for you. You'll need to go to the teen page on the link above to get the Entry Form. It should work on Word 97 or better. Let me know if you still can't access it though. Peolpe can get copies at the library too at the East desk.

Manga Drawing Contest Guidelines

• Entry Deadline Nov. 30, 6 pm.
• No more than two entries per participant. You may use any medium to create your artwork and there is no limitation to what you can create as long as the art is your own! It could be a copy of your favorite manga character, an original character you’ve made up, or a story in comic strip form.
• There are 2 ways to enter your art:
1. Drop off your entry at the East Reference desk at the Library. If you enter this way your entry must fit on a 8 ˝ x 11 piece of paper and you must fill out the entry form on the 2nd page bellow.
2. Or, attach your art to an e-mail sent to mangacontest@cantonpl.org. If you enter this way then you must attach both:
 The completed entry form (2nd page bellow)
 Your art (maximum of 2 entries)
• All participants’ entries will be displayed online in our Digital Gallery on the Canton Public Library’s Teen Animanga Forum which can be found linked off of the Teen Page. *Note, If you are under 18 it is assumed that you have your parents’ consent to have your artwork displayed online.
• Borders gift certificates will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the amounts of $50, $40, and $30. Winners will be announced online on Dec. 10 with an awards ceremony taking place at the Teen Animanga Club meeting, Dec. 10, 6:45-8:45. Winners not in attendance will be notified by phone Thur. Dec. 11.
• Artwork turned in on paper can be picked up on Dec. 10 at the Teen Animanga Club meeting or anytime thereafter in December at the Library’s East Reference Desk. Dec. 30 will be the last day to pick up artwork turned in.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:39 pm

No, still can't view the entry form, but I'm glad you posted the rules. So, then, the East Reference Desk? (Thankfully the Animanga meeting is before the deadline, so I have an excuse to go).

Look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:20 pm

I'll bring print copies of the Guidelines and Entry Form to the animanga Club meeting for people if they want it.
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Just thought I'd remind people if they wanted to enter the drawing contest the deadline is Nov. 30, which is comin' up soon! Wink
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:15 pm

Did you ever find my submission, Nerd-kun? If not, I'll try to find another drawing to enter....
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:16 pm

I sent you a pm about it genten.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 am

Oh, well, didn't get the e-mail that said "You have a Private Message!" until after I logged out so....looks like I won't be entering after all (I'm still trying to reduce fines at my other library).
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Wakakakaka...
I wanted to enter this contest, but then projects decided to kill my time.
I suppose it will have to wait for the next Manga Mission or something ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://wheniclosemyeyes.deviantart.com
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Kaze-Hime wrote:
Wakakakaka...
I wanted to enter this contest, but then projects decided to kill my time.
I suppose it will have to wait for the next Manga Mission or something ^^;
Poor Reni's tryin' to keep her grades up :3
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:33 pm

um...yeah i am but that was kinda random in this topic o.O
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Neko wrote:
um...yeah i am but that was kinda random in this topic o.O
o-o?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM   MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANGA DRAWING CONTEST '08 - DEADLINE NOV. 30 6PM
Page 1 of 1