Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Subbed v.s. Dubbed

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Well, I've only seen one full episode myself in English, but I don't like what's his name, the guy who plays Lelouch? It just sounds...I don't know, weird.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Jonny Young Boch?
i think he does a good job making Zero and Lelouch sound like two different characters, he speaks so formal as Zero. he also does the voice of Rossieu in Gurren Lagann and i think those two characters work well together.

now knowing he was a power ranger, Vash the Stampede, Renton from Eureka 7, the protagonist in Persona 4 and Ichigo in Bleach... well those just make the "switch the same voiced characters" game i play in my head hilarious!

imean if you already watch it subbed i can't say switch over, but really i can't imagine a better voice for Zero.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Ah, I don't really know what it is with me and dubs, but sometimes the voices just don't click. It goes the same for subs, too. I thought the Japanese track of Kanon 2006 was a train wreck because every character sounded the same.

Well, I have to wait until I finish Genshiken, then I think it's Samurai Champloo, then maybe it was Gurren Lagann...Er, Code Geass is in my Netflix queue (no idea how to spell THAT word) somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 pm

yeah, its the same with me. sometimes the voices just kinda seem weird to me, in english or japanese.

when i start watching Strike Witches again i'll have to switch over to the japanese audio track on Pani Poni Dash being as most of the voice actresses are the same. sadly i don't think i'll really be able to tell... i'm not used to the japanese actresses yet.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 am

I only watched Pani Poni Dash in English, so I have no clue what the Japanese voices sound like. After I finish Strike Witches maybe I'll hear the Japanese version...

Most of the time Japanese voice actresses sound the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 pm

yeah, really the only reason i know the different voices of the chracters in lucky star is because of them singing at the end, so i learned their voices from that. i'm still bad at telling japanese voice actors apart...

i'm just surprised another person has watched pani poni dash!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 am

I watched Pani Poni Dash a long time ago. My friend owns the discs, so I just mooched them off of her.

There is lots of singing in Lucky Star. My favorite endings are when Minoru Shiraishi's voice actor sings, though, those are just priceless.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Minoru is pretty funny, but my favorite is still Konata singing Cha-la head cha-la. that is probably close to the funniest thing i've ever heard, that would probably go undefeated in a"you laugh, you lose" thread. kopya

at least on /a/ on /b/ they'd probably call me a weaboo then question my sexuality.

but that's every post on /b/ isn't it? shysmilie
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:04 pm

What are you referring to, 4chan? No, I've never been there.

I just love the anime references they make in that show.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 am

yeah, i go to 4chan a lot so i guess to me its kinda main-stream, which i know is pretty false in practice, but yeah.

i go to /b/ a lot because i love offensive humor and there is no better place to get "i can't believe they said that!" humor than 4chan /b/. unfortunately you see horrible things as well, but i just ignore those to the best of my ability, because seeing racist jokes followed by LOL cats is always fun.

/a/ is actually a really good anime forum, i've wandered in a few times and its always filled with nice people having civil, intelligent conversations. they also assured me i was pronouncing "Neko" correctly, i was later proven right by several anime so i know i/they am/are right.

i dunno, i like that place.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 am

So I've heard that /b/ is just little children yelling at each other. While I do find flame wars interesting I at least want an undertone of intelligence in them. I'll probably look at /a/, though, since you mention that it's a pretty good anime forum.

Or maybe I'll just stick with ANN. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:29 pm

/b/ isn't little children yelling at each other, its college students yelling at other college students, and belittling little kids who try to use it as a podium to complain about their emo-y little problem as well as jail-bait flashing their goods because daddy never hugged them.

mostly /b/ is a place for jaded intellectuals, people who feel like the rest of the world isn't right and want a place where politically correct and coddling the drains on society are rare exceptions, and not the rule. its a place where anything you want can be broadcast to everyone, and the only barrier you have to pass is being interesting. where flame wars break out over what lol cat is funnier whilst the racist joke thread is pure positive review.

/b/ is an acquired taste! -^_^-
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Well, each to his own I guess. I never found forums a way to complain about life (oh, wait, maybe I do it on this one) so it's not my taste, I guess.

Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:51 pm

i have to admit /b/ has been kinda slow for a while. there is a whole turf war going on between the whiny brats trying to use it like myspace/facebook and the crazy folk trying to get them to leave by showing kittens be set ablaze, insane gore and kids being exploited. so instead of those things mixed in with the usually pictures of kiities with funny captions, racist jokes and demotivational posters its all being extreme suck.

i'm disapointed in you /b/!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Life is disappointing. I guess even /b/ is slow in the dead of winter...

I think the people there, from what you make them out to be, are very, very weird. Like, mental weird. Creepy.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:47 pm

some are creepy, some are dumb, some are down right evil, ignorant and spiteful, but usually the majority are clever, irreverant and awesome.

but to each their own. you should really try out /a/, its a pretty good forum.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Whenever I find the time. I have exams this weekend, though.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 pm

yeah, i'm kinda finding myself with less time now a days as well, what with school, jobs and such.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am

I believe Winter is probably the busiest time of the school year. Everything seems so cramped together...
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:27 am

yeah, all my classes are just flooding me with work, its such a pain! i remember feeling like i had free time at one point, but that seems like a distant memory now...
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:41 am

Right. With the coming tournament, classwork, portfolio...I feel so constricted for time.

Free time....Oh, well, guess that'll have to wait for Spring Break.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 pm

yeah, spring break will be nice, more free time is always nice.

but then it'll be right back to school with more crappiness and lack of time.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 pm

My spring Break is unnaturally early. It's weird. On another note, the Sunday before school starts is always really depressing.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

for me its never depressing as much as it is melancholy, i feel like Oscar Shindler "i could have done more! I COULD HAVE DONE MORE!!!!!!!"

though at this point i'm just kind of used to it, i focus on the fun i had instead of what i wish i could do or how much i dread tomorrow. just being happy gives me a whole 'nother day, its best just to embrace life instead of fighting against it.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:13 pm

And then you remember the assignment you were supposed to do over the break.

Sundays are cram days for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subbed v.s. Dubbed   Subbed v.s. Dubbed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subbed v.s. Dubbed
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canton Teen Animanga :: Anime / Manga :: Otakus Unite-
Jump to: