Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MANGA MISSION #1

Go down 
+2
mazy
Librarian Hokage
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 9:03 pm

So I was thinking about starting a little something I am thinking of calling: Manga Missions.

Let me know what you think.

What is it, you ask? Well, good question. What it is is someone would post a challange to darw a particular "something" and then people would try and draw ..."x"... Then you could get to see everyone's interpretations on the same strange thing.

To give you an idea here's some examples:

(1) It could be: "draw Al with rust" (very specific)

(2) It could be: "draw someone angsty" (not very specific)

(3) It could be: "draw someone fierce who looks like they could kick a lot of but, or who has lots of weapons, etc."

(4) It could be: "draw characters from "x" series, but in modern day clothes"

(5) It could be: "draw someone falling from something" or i.e. in some sort of 'x' situation.

(6) It could be something cross manga like: "what would Kekashi look like if he were in Kingdom Hearts?"

(7) It could be: "here's some dialogue...'blah,blah,blah.." now draw something to go with it"

(8)It could be: "what would the characters from a non-manga book "x" look like as manga characters?"

Get the idea? Use your imagination.

Anyone could post a challange, just make sure to label it so people know. Also, it would probably be best if we don't have too many going at one time. It's o.k. to have more than one- options are nice-but you have to give people a chance to finish their drawings before starting new ones.

I was thinking that for this, rough, quick type drawings or even sketches would be good. The point would be to see everyone's take on the same thing, which might not happen if people feel like they have to spend weeks agonizing over getting their art perfect...though if you wanted to you could spend more time on it (if you get inspired). This is just a little something meant to have fun. It's not a huge manga drawing contest-

-That being said I still think it might be fun to choose a 'winner' and give out a little prize, just to add a little kick to this. I figure I'll choose a winner 4 weeks after the initial post. The prize will be something very small.I was thinking something like like you might be able to get a special rank. You could go up naruto ranks, or you might be able to get a rank no one else has (or can get) next to your name (like if you wanted shinigami we might be able to talk and work something out...) winners of mutliple times might be able to get something else...still working on this...

Well, let me know what you think.

I know a lot will depend on getting more people to participate....but I thought I would start one just for fun. Take part or not to your liking. We'll see if it catches on. Either way, let me know what you think of this idea, or if you can think of a better way to tweak it.

So, just for an experiment, let's try

MANGA MISSION #1

...if you choose to except:

well.....it was going to be draw what you think it would look like if Rukia was turning into a Hollow....but that's pretty tough. So, you also have the option of drawing a Chibi Hollow (I know, how weird is that), or just a regular Hollow, or anyone turning into a Hollow, which could be cool....hmmm. This is a scary one.

good luck. There's a scanner at the library if you need it.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 am

Ha! Here's my Chibi Hollow. Just to give you an idea. I drew it really quickly...hmmm....It's a little strange looking (to say the least) Oh well, at least it was fun....hmmm...cute + scary = just weird. I didn't remember how ugly hollows were untill I started drawing this...hmmm, perhaps this wasn't the best manga mission to start with. Oh, well. We'll see what comes of it. Good luck.

P.S. if you want to post a picture in a post like me here you can upload it to the gallery, then click on your picture. You'll see a 'BBCode of the picture' underneath it. Copy and paste that code into your post.

MANGA MISSION #1 Chibih10
Back to top Go down
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:39 pm

awww. chibi hollow.
tis not be ugly. it's cute. XD
Back to top Go down
HatakeTara
ANBU
HatakeTara

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Library Hokage's Chibi Hallow   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:30 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
How cute! I like it!
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:34 pm

How about I just draw Rukia?
or a Hollow? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://wheniclosemyeyes.deviantart.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:57 pm

Either would be very very good! yeah! I am thinking of changing this first manga mission into really, anything Bleach related.

this is what got me first thinking about it though
http://t0shiya.joueb.com/images/ichigo%20hollow.jpg
and I just wonderd what Rukia would look like that way...

But, I'ts official now-anything bleach related is fair game (and would be cool to see) for this first 'manga mission'. we'll start off broad.
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:06 pm

OOOOh. I know.

Rukia + Organization XIII. YESSS!
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:18 pm

only bleach related?

darn.
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 pm

bleach x fma O_O;;
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 5:30 pm

bleach x naruto

naruto x fma

oh the possibilities.

o_o
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:02 pm

It's so great to see how manga and anime have become so widespread ^^
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:04 pm

yeah! i know!
it gets kind of boring when mangas and animes have similar concepts.
but most of them are still good.
xD

Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:52 pm

zomg thats a great idea nerd-kun!!!!! i like it!!!! Kaos-Brown9 Kaos-Brown4 Kaos-Brown12 though kitsune didnt like the al rusting thing Kaos-Brown14 then she said why not kakashi in a retirment home Kaos-Brown3 thats just evil! Kaos-Brown13
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Nezumi
Akatsuki
Nezumi

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Wowzers Coolio idea!! Love Brad's Drawing So Kawaii!! Kaos-Brown9
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:02 am

It is. ^^
But it's about to be attacked. >>
Kaos-Brown11
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Akatsuki
Nezumi

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:47 pm

I made my own Chibi Hollow!! and it's really cute! I need to get to the Library to scan it!
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:00 pm

yeahh!!!!! Woohooo! More chibi Hollows!!!

(I'm glad you joined us Nezumi! Yeaah!!)
Smile
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Akatsuki
Nezumi

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Yeah I know!! go Nerd-kun! Go me!! Neko is gonna make a Chibi Hollow next!! Ha ha! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:09 pm

Your chibi hollow is awesome! yeah! You should copy it in this thread too Nezumi!
(- if you click on it in the gallery where it zooms in, underneath your art is a 'BBCode of the picture' . if you copy and paste that code into your post it just automatically appears....it's kind of cool that way.)
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Akatsuki
Nezumi

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:05 pm

MANGA MISSION #1 Chibi_10 Alrighty Nerd-kun! ^_^ Gyaa it's probably way to big... ^_^0
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:03 pm

whoa that is big Kaos-Brown11 but your chibi hollow is awesome eternal rival!

not nearly as good as nerd-kuns! (glomps nerd-kun)
(is clearly being a suck up Kaos-Brown10 )
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:10 am

AHH!
Urahara's hat!

;3
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Akatsuki
Nezumi

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:58 am

I Didn't mean for it to be that big!! -_-0
I hid stuff in the Picture like His Hat and I also put Sunsets and stuff in the Letters!! Very Happy the l's in Hollow are supposed to be Pocky and the O's Donuts!!
Back to top Go down
mazy
mazy

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:14 am

POCKY!
Yum~!

Good job on the chibi hollow!
Kakashi Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 12:32 pm

aaahhhhh pocky.....man's only perfect invention.....

yayz for hat and clogs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MANGA MISSION #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANGA MISSION #1   MANGA MISSION #1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANGA MISSION #1
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next