Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An AMV Contest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miku
Genin
Miku

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:00 pm

I think we should have a AMV contest with different sub-cadagories. i.e Best effects, best timing, ect. Also the have the best over-all. The best of the best.

I think it should be in a several months from now, becuase people are bussy with work, school, and other personal stuff. Also it'll give people time to work on the video, make it has best as they can make it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1241896/
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm

thats a great idea! crap can we make it for well after christmas?! i wont be getting my new computer until then.

but that does sound like fun, miku :3

nerd-kun! what do you think? ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:11 am

i wanna do it!
a hinata amv with butterfly for music....... with the nude siluete scene......
ahhhh................. Cool Wink Cool
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:29 pm

It's an excellent idea! I actually have been thinking about the possibility of us having a contest like this for a while now too, because I think it would be really cool! There is one issue though I have been wrestling with. Because the Animanga club is sponsored by the library we have to be very 'by the book' on this, and AMVs are a murky sort of area copyright-wise. Getting permission for the anime I don't think is so much of a problem as getting permission for the music.

There are anime conventions all over the country where AMVS are shown (so that's literally thousands of them a year), so there are lots of people who do this with permission (or so at least I believe...); I just have to do a little more research and find out how. I've heard rumors that they pay licensing fees for the music that's shown, but I haven't been able to confirm this. I need to talk to someone who runs one of these AMV contests and get more info about how to proceed. I think I'm going to try and get a hold of the person who's running it for youmacon. anyway. I'll keep you updated. It is a good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Miku
Genin
Miku

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Sweetness, it was my brothers idea. So I just posted it on here. An Death Note AMV for Promise Melissa fawn.

JK, death Note Amv for Skin Deep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1241896/
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:01 am

lol this will be great

<hitting 100 posts with this message!>
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 pm

i already planned on making itachi and deidara's guy love my first flash video (wait, does it have to be a amv? cant it just be some anime relating video?)
so ill probably just enter that.

again, please wait till after x-mas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 2:33 pm

I have a little bad news on this front, unfortunately. After talking with a few people I am discovering that for most conventions AMV contest aren't really done with permissions, per say. Some of it falls under 'fair use' for copyright, but some of it does not. It's in a very grey area. It's more the type of thing where most anime distributers don't care that much since it's more promotion for them, and it's not that big enough of an issue for the music industry to get involved either...though there has been some rumors on the interent recently about some people getting legal threats from the RIAA for posting AMVs (I don't know how true those rumors are or not). All in all, it's a very ambiguous, murky sort of area copyright-wise. It's true that lots and lots of people do it, but the library by nature of what it is has to be uber-copyright-conscientious. So, unfortunately, for the moment it's something we are going to have to stay away from doing. Sad I'll still look into it though. There may be channels where we can get permissions from the music industry (that's the real sticking point I think) and do it on the up-and up. I just have to find out how. I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

An AMV Contest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: An AMV Contest?   An AMV Contest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An AMV Contest?
Page 1 of 1