Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So, who likes chibis?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rabbitofdoom
Jonin
rabbitofdoom

So, who likes chibis? Empty
PostSubject: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:24 pm

I do! Awwness! For anyone who wants to draw them, i recomend 'Chibi and Furry: How to draw the cute and animal like people of japanese art' by chris hart!
Back to top Go down
rabbitofdoom
Jonin
rabbitofdoom

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:25 pm

So, who likes chibis? 2181722496_78a3de8888_mThis is one of my first ones!
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 6:49 pm

awww thats adorable rabbit!

i draw my own version of chibis thats gotten quite popular with people i know. uhg i hate looking at my first few comics...completly awful compared to what i draw nowadays...
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
rabbitofdoom
Jonin
rabbitofdoom

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 pm

eww i don't like this one anymore! I have so mnay better ones!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm

heh the two comics i have in the gallery are kinda old too Kaos-Brown10

put some of your current stuff up
ill try to make a short comic thats only one page...or two maybe.
Back to top Go down
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:48 pm

awww!
that is so cute!
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 pm

i really don't like chris hart, to me he's kinda a hack, but i guess if his books help i can't complain, i prefer "how to draw manga" or just good ole staring at pics i've printed out.

but to each their own as they say!
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm not much of a Chris Hart fan myself, I much prefer the Style School books (although they keep getting more expensive!) myself.

I love drawing chibis, though I'm so picky about how I draw them I end up giving up on them half way through...Maybe I'll upload some of the good chibis I've drawn...someday...

Oh, and selfless plug time, go watch Coraline! It was great!
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:29 pm

yeah, i suppose i should actually say something around the point of this post.

i think everything i draw is chibi-ish, i still can't draw hands well so all my characters have mushroom hands and i usually give them gigantic eyes as well as tending to making the heads too large.

i was surprised how un-terrible i am when i started drawing again, but i still kinda suck. look forward to my horrible art when i up load some.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:28 pm

oh pe-shaw JD, your not horrible, everyone just has their own style ;3

i wanna see coraline! i was talking to sai and kitsune about going to see it, with hannah too. hopefully we can do that soon before its not in theaters anymore.....how long are movies usually in theaters?
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:12 pm

Movies are usually in theaters for a month, sometimes a few weeks after that. Then, in our neck of the woods, some go to the Briarwood dollar movies, and after that they get a DVD release.

Seriously, go see it and marvel at the wonder that is stop motion animation. Oh, and make sure to see it in 3-D, it's just cooler that way.

Hmm, now that my scanner works I might upload some of my chibis...
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:34 pm

well yeah, i am getting a lot better, but when i see some of the art from the manga contest, like that one drawing of Chii, i look at mine and just weep to myself. :darksmilie:

but being all "my suck drawings, they look so crappy." is just petty and jerky, i'm getting better. insult myself is just as douchey as calling another person's art bad! punchsmilie

so i shall work harder and become a better artist, hopefully people will like my work. shysmilie
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:12 pm

-stops mid swing- you saved yourself there, jd, i was about to hit you if you were just going to whine about your drawings being 'worse' than others.

practice, determination, and a open mind to new things is the key to improvment!!! punchsmilie

honestly i dont normally like to say peoples drawings are worse than others. of course there are some where im like smilie049 teach me! please2smilie but then again everyone has their own style and opinions. you may think that chi drawing was fantastic, someone else might come along and think your drawing is a masterpeice! bingosmilie

art is different in each persons eyes -^_^-

as long as one has the passion and determination, there is no end to the beautiful things they can create!!! smilie51 smilie55 blocksmilie punchsmilie
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:28 am

true, and so far all i've drawn is 4-panels, so even if the art is breath taking the humor should save me. bingosmilie

i'lljust keep trying and see where i get. amsmilie
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:11 pm

exactly! brushingsmilie

which reminds me i drew this awesome comic today (im finally back in my 'groove' so to speak!)

we're learning about japanese-american concentration camps in american history right now, and our teacher mentioned how if a J-A soldier died in battle they sent a medal or something to the parents.
so that got me thinking, you send a medal in honor of the child to the parents?
so in my comic im a military cat XD i dunno, im just wearing a military hat -3- anyway my character goes to a house in a C.camp and says "heres a award for your son"
"oh really? im so proud, what did my son do?"
"he died."
"-mother in complete shock-"
"in battle. anyway we cant give him the stupidity award when hes dead so we're giving it to the parents instead."
"-mother faints and dies-"
"-father comes in- honey...?"
"your wife and son are dead, heres a award."
"my life is over..."

and on a tombstone it says 'here lies another japanese-american family killed by war, bad news, and more bad news.'

harsh, i know, but myself and all my friends thought it was funny as hell. it's probably funnier if you actually read it -3- ill post it on here eventually.

huh....was there even a point to all this?
nope -3-
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:48 am

i dunno, i don't really get it, but then again i'd have joined the navy if i wasn't so bad at taking orders...

kinda a big part of it huh?
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:17 am

I love four-panel comics! They're fun to read and easy to to draw~!

Heck, even I'm in the middle of drawing my own four-panel.

(Sorry, no smilies in this post.)
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

i've always been a very wordy fellow, so whilst i enjoy drawing, 4-panels help me out because they also can rely heavily on words.

plus i've not been inspired to any big fancy art lately.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Agreed, though I believe the epitome of four-panel comics-- nay. humor itself-- is timing and knowing when to have a page with no words or a page that relies heavily on text. Do not doubt me, fools, when done right it's Charlie Chapmin in manga form.

Yeah, I really shouldn't read so many lengthy blog posts (my brain hurts). imdsmilie
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Charlie Chaplin really did have an "interesting" fan-base, no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, who likes chibis?   So, who likes chibis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, who likes chibis?
Page 1 of 1