Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manga Mission #3 Winners!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

Manga Mission #3 Winners! Empty
PostSubject: Manga Mission #3 Winners!   Manga Mission #3 Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am

Alright, time for the winners!
O.K. So...since there were just 4 people who entered this time I've decided to reward everyone who participated, since it looks like I have enough manga. There is going to be a 1st through 4th place. Part of the reason also is because it was really tough to choose a winner. Winners were chosen (finally) based on a variety of factors including artistic style, originality, and creativity in choice of duo; At some point in time though it came down to an almost arbitrary decision because all of the drawings rock!! Seriously...it was very tough and the line between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place was very thin...but, there had to be a winner, so...without further ado:

1st place: ( 4 manga books )
Genten

2nd place: ( 3 manga books)
amaznxazn

3rd place: ( 2 manga books )
kaze-hime

4th place: ( 1 manga book )
Rika-Taichou

All of the drawings were awesome! Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated. It was very, very cool to see your 'duos'!! Smile

I have a big cart of manga for you to choose from (it's all ex-library manga...manga that we had too much of, etc.,). PM me with your real names, first and last, if I don't already know them....You can pick up your prizes anytime at the library (I'm going to send out an e-mail to all the librarians with your names to let them know), just ask at the East desk for your choices [*see post below], Or you can get them at the next animanga club meeting; I'll have the cart of manga there. Smile

Thank you all. Very Happy
Maybe I'll see if I can get a separate gallery for the manga missions (the only problem is moving it with the comments intact...will see if I can swing that...) Nov. will be our library wide manga drawing contest. I'll post info on that soon.

Last edited by Librarian Hokage on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Manga Mission #3 Winners!   Manga Mission #3 Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:57 pm

So, the way this will work for the winners is: If you would like to sift through with your eyes and browse to pick out your manga prize(s) then you will have to come to the next animanga club meeting. If you don't think you can make the next meeting, or you want your manga sooner, then just choose from the list bellow and PM me with your manga choices (with your name)! I will have the manga you choose set aside for you to pick up under your name at the East desk of the library (the one by the teen room). That way it will be there whenever you can make it in, and you won't have to come in at a specific time.

These are the series available. Bare in mind a lot of the volumes are smack dab in the middle of the series (sorry)...and it's used manga, not new, but most of the volumes are in very good condition. There are for the most part several volumes from each series, so you can say if you are in 2nd place for instance, "I would like 3 mangas from Dr. Slump", or you can say "I would like 1 manga from Planet Ladder, 1 manga from Fruits Basket and 1 manga from Dr. Slump." You get the idea. I'll let you know if there aren't enough of a particular series and you need to pick again for some reason. 1st places will get priority over 2nd place, who will get priority over 3rd, etc., for picking the same thing if we are short, but I think there's probably enough manga that that won't happen, so I think we'll be good:

The choices are:

Ranma ½
One
Legal Drug
Crescent Moon
Planet Ladder
Dragon Knights
D.N.Angel
No Need For Tenchi
All new Tenchi Muyo
Tuxedo Gin
Love or Money
Faeries Landing
From Far Away
Fushigi Yugi
Dream Saga
Dr. Slump
Azumanga Daoh
Ceres
Oh! My Goddess
Inu Yasha
Jink king of Bandits
Aishiteruze Baby
Cowboy Beepbop
Orhpen
Model
Et Cetera
Juline
Fruits Basket
Battle Angel Alita
Demon Ororon
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Cardcaptor Sakura
Lagoon Engine
Real Bout high School
Maison Ikkoku
RG Veda
Marmalade Boy

enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

PostSubject: Re: Manga Mission #3 Winners!   Manga Mission #3 Winners! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 pm

congratulations to the winners!
i wasn't at the meeting when it was announced.

d.n. angel, ceres, fruits basket, ccs, and marmalade boy ftw~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manga Mission #3 Winners!   Manga Mission #3 Winners! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manga Mission #3 Winners!
Page 1 of 1