Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

manga mission #4?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

manga mission #4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 am

then call me pathetic gen......

and lol i almost caught up to u in posts gen!
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:07 pm

yeah, i sometimes wonder if it would be easier for me to draw on the computer. really its just cause i hate the inking pen i use, i dont really have the proper materials to make my drawings (and comics) manga worthy. but my draw/sketch teacher told me of a really good website, blunelinepro.xcom
im gonna see if someone who lurves me a lot will at least buy me a pen from there. also when i was on the megatokyo website piro (the dude who draws the comics) mentioned something about copic markers, which are also on the website. im gonna try to get some of those too...

you should check it out, gen

hm...ill work on drawing yaoi and ill draw you a pic of sora ;3 do you want any pairings? or i could just draw him being super uke-ish <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Yoshi, don't worry, no matter how pathetic you we'll still love you. bounce

Keep dreaming, post boy.

It takes some getting used to with the inking pen, and you have to have a steady hand (and mine shake naturally, so I have some problems). I think I'll check that website out...

I usually use a pen and paper instead of Photoshop. The only bad thing is that it gives me hand cramps...

I want Copic Markers soooooo badly. (And I've already read Megatokyo anyway).

Draw me super-uke Sora and I will give you cookies. (And a drawing!)
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:43 pm

ooooo i like cookies! <Gets rammed on head with textbook shaped rock and Gen screams "this isn't gonna be another pancake forum!">

and i <3 u too gen
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Hoho, you took the words right out of my mouth. If I ever learn to make edible food then I'll give you cookies.

And there was just a Food Network show about pancakes...Now they're showin' waffles.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:49 am

lol food network is HELL when u r home alone with no one to cook 4 u....
i no from experience..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 pm

okay...ill start on that sooner or later, gen. there are still so many other things i wanna do but just havent had the attention span for. hm, the sora thing might be easier than the maid outfits since i wont really need a example.....well maybe a naked guy so i know what im doing but other than that...the only other set back is deciding how i want sora to look....i better keep this hush hush from kitsune, she will go insane.

i have a shakey hand too but my current inking pen is to...inky. like it'll leave blotches and kinda runs. its sooo annoying but from a distance it isnt bad. photoshop is my savior (even though mine still sucks) it allows me to touch up my mistake. the eraser is also my hero.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Together, Neko, "The erasor is our savior!" I don't know what'd I'd do without it (I make soooo many mistakes).

If you don't mind me asking, Neko, what brand is your scanner? I don't really know mine...

Yep, we all get to everything on that to-do list eventually. No, no, I'm sure you'll work on it when you get the chance.

What pen are you using? I just use any old pen that people won't mind if it runs out.

Kitsune is my rival.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:25 pm

yeah, kitsune is your rival. im surprised you guys havent tried killing each other yet, but i guess shes not on enough to get into a who loves sora more debate. i have no competition with kakashi at least -^_^- though that one person with the username hataketara or something like that, i cant remember, seems like a kakashi fangirl. but shes not on often at all so my love goes unchallenged!!!!

uh....the pens i use are called recise V5, its a ball point pen thing. its not fancy but it works better than the other pens i have. though i was reading this thing about how to ink and the person said to stay away from ball point pens ^^;

my scanner is a lexmark (i think....) scanner, printer faxer thing.

all hail the erasers!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah i make sooooo many mistakes too. even when im inking -.-"
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:16 pm

My scanner's an HP (basically a scanner-printer contraption). I mostly use PicMate pens (really cheapo ballpoint pens, but they work well). If I was rich I'd go buy artistic pens (oh, I want a Rotring sooooo bad...)

I have no idea how a Who Loves Sora More? debate would go. I imagine there'd be a lot of yelling, though.

The only thing I hate is when the erasers on pencils run out....
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 pm

yeah a lot of yelling indeed, but i love you both to much to have you guys argue about sora. hm, now im kinda glad kitsune isnt on here to much, she would freak if she saw your siggy.

ill have to check out those pens, may be better than what i have now.

dude if i was rich id have a whole f-ing room dedicated to drawing. but it would be really comfy too, lotsa anime stuff and couch....or maybe a bed, i draw while im in bed a lot too....
btw gen, did you check out that site?

oh, you should get papermate pencils! the really nice ones with the twist eraser, those are my favorite. sadly though it cost like 5 bucks for a set of two pencils, two eraser refils and a thing of lead. but its worth it. unfortuantly i lost my last pencil and i havent been able to buy a new one, so im stuck with these cheapy normal mechanical ones. -.-....
im gonna switch to 0.5 lead though, courtney said its lights, harder and smears less, which is exactly what i need. (plus the 0.5 lead sets come in black and blue! X3)
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:58 pm

gen...i can feel it....my love for kakashi is starting to be challenged. i knew this would happen one day when the site became more popular....but not this soon. if that new person dares to think she/he loves kakashi more than me, they have another, much ruder thing coming!!(then again if its a guy and hes gay i wont mind as much) i am a elder on this site! i will not tolerate anyone challenging me!!! (at least when it comes to kakashi -^_^-)
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:45 pm

One-two punch Neko! Kick that person's butt!

If I was rich I'd have one room dedicated to anime and manga and the like and another dedicated to just drawing. I can dream, though....

Yes, but even if Kitsune did freak out about my siggy I'd never change it. My love for Sora is eternal! (Why isn't there a smilie with fire eyes?)

Rotring= Frickin' expensive. Manufactured by Germany, they are the thinnest pen you'll ever find. And, to use it to it's full potential, you have to put a lot of care into it.

I use everything from 0.5 to 0.7. There are a lot thinner mm leads out there, but I have no idea where to find them. And.......I might have once owned one of those twisty pencils. Wonder what happened to it?

Sorry Neko! I haven't checked out the website yet! It's just....Actually, there's probably no excuse for it, I'm just so f-ing lazy.

Bitchy Complaint Corner:

Why!? There are, like, 25 friggin' chapters of Kuroshitsuji and I can't find chapter eight? What the hell STFU (seriously, that's their name) scannulators!?

I want my Ciel.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:09 am

they just joined yesterday (oh crap i forgot to post on naruto's birthday thread!) and their profile doesnt say guy or girl. so far it looks like they wont be on very much.
i will kick their buttocks!!! (yeah we really do need a smiley with fire eyes)

i didngt think you would change your siggy, fangirls are scary, stubborn, and will do anything to prove themselves better than competing fangirls. its a survival of the fittest thing, right now when it comes to sora and kakashi we are on top!!!!

hm, extremely thin pens might not work for me, i wouldnt know how to use it well. and anything that has expensive in it is immediently out of the question, unless i buy it myself.

hehe yeah im lazy too, people always tell me to check things out and i never do ^^ but i think you would like the site, it has everything a manga artist needs!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 pm

My internet was down for most of the day! I thought it was horrible.

Fangirls can be much scarier then I'll ever be. Actually, I was thinking of changing my siggy to a Vocaloid theme but....I love the picture in it too much right now to do that.

Well, if they don't come on very much then you probably won't have any butt to kick. But.....She/he might not challenge you anyway.

You have to clean the Rotring every few minutes to get rid of paper residue that might clog up the pen. Once it gets clogged you can't use it anymore. But I really like drawing thin lines and fine details, so I still want it. An artist named Merumeru uses the pens, and her drawings are so pretty.

And I will check that site out. Just, you know, I've got a Civics and Biology project to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:46 pm

hm, if they dont challenge me then they can reside on this site peacfully.

i can be a pretty damn scary fangirl when i want to be. this girl who is somewhat my friend likes kakashi, but she is a n00b/ poser otaku, no i cant even say otaku, just anime-likeing-person. anyway she has a death wish, she will just walk up to me and say kakashi is hers, bad bad mistake. i strangled her a few times cause she was bragging about the kakashi coin she has and the fancy kakashi card she has that i do not own,...yet....
pfft, i was collecting the cards way before she knew about them! and i have a kakashi wall next to my bed with 31 cards of him.

fine lines for detail, yeah that i might need that. i probably wouldnt be able to take care of a pen like that ^^; id forget or something.

hm, im surprised i havent gotten any projects yet--oh! wait i did have one in biology, but it wasnt big...just had to make a pamphlet thingy. which mine kicked ass cause i drew prertty pictures with it -^_^-
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Damn you, Neko, only one project so far? I've got a big Biology project due the week after homecoming, and then a Civics project due Tuesday/Wednesday.

That poor girl Laughing You probably scarred her for life. I have a huge wall scroll of Kingdom Hearts (with Sora on it!) hanging on one wall. I love that poster, I got it from California.

I would be obsessed with cleaning the pen. For that much I'd take care of it till it ran out of ink.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm

i have a giant wall scroll of anbu kakashi and his dogs (which i still want to know their names!!!!!) right over my bed -^_^-
i have another naruto one but it has iruka, naruto, sakura and sasuke on it with kakashi. Kaos-Brown14
but i have kakashi pictures allover my room Kaos-Panda37 i have so many posters/pictures on my walls you could literally spend 30 minutes just looking at everything. you could probably spend a hour looking at everything on my dresser and other tabletops too, i just have a bunch of random crap all over my room.

i dont think ive scarred her, yet. im not sure if shes stupid or ignorant. but shes not a real threat, just annoying.

i wanna get a facy pen, with nibs or whatever its called. i have a "how to draw manga" book. (its very useful) and it says the tools i need for certain things and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:06 pm

I don't want a brush tip pen. I want a regular nib one.

I'd put more anime posters up on my wall...but my space is pretty limited. I've got so many pictures up all ready, most of my anime ones are under my bed.

Has this "she" talked to you yet?

I have Style School for all my manga supply needs. Viva la Fuu*!
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 pm

Haha sorry for just butting into your convo ^^;

Just offering a little insight into the *cough* crap I use. Smile)

BUT REMEMBER!
IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE REALLY GREAT ART using school supplies. It isn't NEEDED to get the most expensive on the market. Don't bust your budget Wink

Anyhow,
I use various pens:

Ballpoint (for sketching! Omigurrrr so much fun to sketch with ball point <333! and they're cheap! xD)
Copic MultiLiner (Umm. More expensive, but a really really great pen. Has a really fine line-- the one that I have is 0.05mm-- but I don't recommend sketching with it.)
Pilot Hi-Tec (most possibly the thinnest pen I have ever encountered throughout my short existence. This thing is my saving grace, I use it often for taking compact notes for school too! However, they're not easy to get-- I got mine in Taiwan-- and the tip is very very very thin, have to be careful with it.)
GelPens (So much fun!!!! Very Happy)

Haven't tried any nibbed pens yet. Tell me how they work! Smile
--
Pencils are usually mechanical 0.7 or 0.5mm lead (standard) or whatever is lying around on the table.
Copic Markers are very very very expensive, but I prefer them over Prismacolors, mainly because of the nauseating smell Prismacolors give off X_X Also, they come in so many colors and can be refilled.
Prismacolor pencils are nice, but make sure to find a pencil sharpener that WORKS. that is KEY, i have broken many pencils due to a bad sharpener. Doesn't have to be expensive though!!
--
aaaaand for digital input I use a tablet and Photoshop 7.

Whew.
Good for you if you read all that, I salute you.

Also~! I have not run into many of my fellow animefans at PCEP yet. D': Email me at oath.keeper.wing@gmail.com. I'm often bogged down with homework and crap, but I can spare time during lunch to spaz a little and share some insight on manganime. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://wheniclosemyeyes.deviantart.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:23 pm

by she do you mean the new kakashi person? no so far they have remained silent....not posted a thing....i guess thats smart of them but i dont think they have been on since they signed up either....
which erks me a little, why sign up and never log on?
though im a hypocrite, i do it to other websites. but i love this site so much that i dont want to see it treated like other, unworthy sites.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:28 pm

okay since osaka-chan and kaze-hime are both on, im going to assume we will talk for a bit on the forums. so just a really odd fyi, i have to take a shower but i will be back on in....15 min!
so....yeah....
meh....

kakashi is mine.
>.>
<.<
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Kaos-Brown13 Kaos-Brown13 Kaos-Brown13
okay....everyone ignore that embarrasing last post. they got off just as i posted that Kaos-Panda33 Kaos-Brown3
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Haha, don't worry Mao. (Mao is "cat" in Chinese)
I periodically go online and offline, but if you want my AIM pm me. Razz
grr, off to dinner. Now you won't feel so alone. Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://wheniclosemyeyes.deviantart.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:01 pm

sure, aim is fine ^^
you can send it over pm if you like :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: manga mission #4?   manga mission #4? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

manga mission #4?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next