Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Manga

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi all- there will be LOTS of new manga coming into the library in the next few weeks, but I thought I'd give you a heads up on a few new and exiting things coming out from some well known manga creators.

1)the creator of Fruits Baskets has a new series call Gakuen Alice. WE just got volume 1

2)The artist (not writer) of Death Note has a new series called Ral & Grad, except it is not a '&' sign, it's a wierd symbol I can't reproduce on my keyboard. -Ha! Again the first volume should be in now.

3) The creator of Rave Master has a new series called Fairy Tail. We don't have the first volume in yet, but it should be here near the end of March.

lots more other exiting new series we are getting too I could talk about, but these are some of the well known mangakas, so I thought I'd give them a mention
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:24 pm

Has anybody here read RE: Play by Christy Lijewski yet? our library got it recently I think...

i just read it in the past 2 days and I gotta say, i totally love it!!

and i noticed the new Anime DVD section, too!! exciting! it looks like a lot of those are bootleg though haha
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeofabinder.deviantart.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:47 pm

The ones here at the library aren't really bootlegs, just the covers are. Razz We buy a lot of them as boxed sets and then when we have to split them up into individual dvds we have to make up new covers to go with each case, so that's why a lot of them look the same (it's the cover of the boxed set). Sometimes there's almost nothing to work with cover-wise and there's this woman in our cataloging department who has to pretty much perform miracles to get them to go out on the shelf, and she somehow does it every time (thanks Gayle!). Ha! But I can see how one might mistake them for bootlegs. Wink It's the inside that counts though.

I've heard good things about re:play though. The artwork for it is really cool...hmm...I should read that.
Back to top Go down
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Mighst we get the Lucky Star DVDs? Any chance of that? I think my illegally downloaded copy got scratched so I can't watch it anymore. Not to get my hopes up, but you did say that Gayle could work miracles...
Back to top Go down
thelifeofabinder
Jonin
thelifeofabinder

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:31 pm

Quote :
The ones here at the library aren't really bootlegs, just the covers are. We buy a lot of them as boxed sets and then when we have to split them up into individual dvds we have to make up new covers to go with each case, so that's why a lot of them look the same (it's the cover of the boxed set).

ooh i see... it is the inside that counts though. Very Happy i don't think a bootleg could be so clear and have the Japanese AND English dubs and subtitles. X3

i wouldn't expect any less from our library. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thelifeofabinder.deviantart.com
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Unfortunately though we have a lot more dvds waiting to go out once they are catalogued we can't order any more for a little while since our yearly budget has pretty much been spent up front just to get the dvd collection started. So, it may be a little bit, but I'll put Lucky Star down on the list for things to get in the future. Thanks for the suggestion! Smile
Back to top Go down
HatakeTara
ANBU
HatakeTara

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Sometimes money can be a pretty crappy thing. But thank you for getting all that you have got. I really apreceate it!
Back to top Go down
mazy
One of the Legendary Sannin
mazy

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:18 pm

oh snapers. still, the dvd collection is pretty nice and big.
sank you for purchasing the dvds. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Manga   New Manga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Manga
Page 1 of 1