Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character Crossover.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira of the Eternal
One of the Legendary Sannin
Kira of the Eternal

Character Crossover. Empty
PostSubject: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:17 am

Based on my little bit i did about Hinata and Mamimi switching bodies being as they are both voiced by Stephanie Sheh, i thought it'd be funny to do a "what if" about it.

what would be the funniest crossover of taking two characters voiced by the same actor [english or japanese] and switching their personalities. using the Stephanie Sheh example it would result in Hinata being all clingy to Naruto, obsessing over biting his earlobes and "leaving her mark" on his neck and Mamimi fainting every time she sees Naota.

personally my favorite [at this moment at least] would involve Yuri Lowenthal and switching Simone and Sasuke. Having Simone be dark and brooding, obsessed with getting stronger to avenge Kamina's death [exact opposite of Sasuke, avenge big brother instead of exact revenge on big brother] and taking any means necessary to gain that power.

on the other hand we'd have Sasuke going on rants that would put Naruto to shame as far as the "power comes from within" concept goes. personally i'd want to see Kiba [voiced by the same guy who did kamina] punch Sasuke in the mouth and yell "Sasuke! let me see you grit those teeth! Don't believe in yourself, believe in the me that believes in you! your's is the chidori that will pierce the heavens! Leaf Village Ninja, JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?"

i also imagine Sasuke fighting Gaara where he's up on the wall charging up his chidori to:

do the impossible
see the invisible
RAW RAW
FIGHT THE POWAH!

touch the untouchable
break the unbreakable
RAW RAW
FIGHT THE POWAH!

so now its your turn, switch some characters around and tell of the hilarity that will ensue! it may seem a bit of a task at first, but trust me, it pays off with hilarious mental imagery in the end!

PLEASE POST!
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:03 pm

pfft ben tennisen acting like sasuke uchiha!! XD haha!
or sasuke acting like ben 10. sasuke has to use his alien powers to defeat his sexier older brother itachi!
XD

or what if edward elric started acting like tamaki o.O that would be scary...
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:01 pm

LeLouch Lamperouge yelling "BANKAI!" then wielding a nodachi against the Holy Britannian Empire. though in all likelihood he'd die in one episode...

or Ichigo with geass, i have a feeling all those epic sword battles would go a lot more quickly. that and seeing him being all planning and manipulative would be really funny.

another good one would be Orichimaru as Le-Ron... wait, they are already kinda the same person. well, they both look like trannies, but Le-Ron seems a bit more affectionate, so we'd get to see more over-exaggerated facial expressions from Sasuke. also it'd be a good "evil within" twist to have Le-Ron be as evil as Orochimaru.

oh! easy one! Jiraiya and Kenpachi Zaraki...

i'll let you guys expand on that one.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:47 pm

omgnoway kenpachi and jiriya are voiced by the same person?! dude thats awesome XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:50 pm

I probably only know the Naruto characters you mentioned otherwise no clue whatsoever. I could probably care less about the voice actors but it would be nice to know them (:
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 pm

its not really about KNOWING voice actors as much as knowing which characters have the same voice, and how silly it would be to switch their places. its not like i'm going "O-M-G Steve Staley voices Neji Hyuuga and Harry MacDougall" as much as it is imagining Negi as mentally unstable and chasing down Hinata [or whoever you imagine him wanting to be with" and asking her "Whats the use in trying to live with normal people?" and if she turned him down him backhanding her in the face and yelling "WHY CAN"T I MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!?" or Harry telling Melfina that she is infact only a tool to be used by the crew of the Outlaw Star because its the fate she was created for, to find the Galactic Leyline and serve as the key to open it.

to me this was always a fun thing to do, it seems that my idea of comedy transfers only partially at best.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Kira of the Eternal wrote:
its not really about KNOWING voice actors as much as knowing which characters have the same voice, and how silly it would be to switch their places. its not like i'm going "O-M-G Steve Staley voices Neji Hyuuga and Harry MacDougall" as much as it is imagining Negi as mentally unstable and chasing down Hinata [or whoever you imagine him wanting to be with" and asking her "Whats the use in trying to live with normal people?" and if she turned him down him backhanding her in the face and yelling "WHY CAN"T I MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!?" or Harry telling Melfina that she is infact only a tool to be used by the crew of the Outlaw Star because its the fate she was created for, to find the Galactic Leyline and serve as the key to open it.

to me this was always a fun thing to do, it seems that my idea of comedy transfers only partially at best.
I've always thought of character crossovers in anime/manga and it seems really interesting to me (:
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 am

If Hikaru and Kaoru switched with Kaori and Shiori (Kanon, fools!) "I hate you Hikaru, even though you probably won't live another week!" "Um, what?"

Yeah, it's funny to me but no one else watches these shows, so....Oh, Gintoki and Kakashi..."Sensei, we need to capture these ninjas!" "Why? Is destroying these ninja going to make me money?" "Er, no, but..." "Then what's the point?! No one ever does anything for free these days! You know what they say, if you're good at something do it for money!" "...." "Well, what are waiting for! Destroy those ninja!"

I would pay to see that. Hmmm, if Sebastian and Hayate switched places...wow, I'm not sure which is worse, going through ridiculously dangerous "missions" or facing off with dark, Victorian-England Cain-esque villains and mysteries....

What if Sakura (CCS) and Sakura switched places....Hmmm...."Sakura, we need to capture the Clow cards! Quick, use the Windy!" "Um, what kind of jutsu is that?"

Heehee....
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:35 am

whoa! for a second there i though Sakura Kinimoto and Sakura Haruno were voiced by the same actress, alas not the case...

i think Naota and Laharl would be funny in a switch. "Every day of being Overlord of The Netherworld is like an eternity of dying slolwly..." Kari Wahlgren did Etna's voie and you kinda can see the resemblance.

but really Laharl as the main character in FLCL? i think Cante would be kinda screwed, as soon as he popped out of Laharl's head he'd probably hear "BITE THE DUST! AH-HAHAHAHAHA!" before he gets hit with a meteor. then he'd probably be his vassel. this is all assuming Haruko could dodge an "Overlord's Wrath" attack and actually hit him with her bass.

he'd probably still get "marked" my Mamimi, being as curvy women actually make him physically weak.

oh! there's a great idea!

substitute Haruko for Saya from Blood + or But Etna in charge of wiping out Chiroptorans. Kari Wahlgren makes this thread so easy. -^_^-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Crossover.   Character Crossover. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Crossover.
Page 1 of 1