Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion

Go down 
+2
Neko
Librarian Hokage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who came. I wanted to apologize for the technical difficulties and late start. We got new AV equipment just a few days prior which made the remotes strangely work for some things but not others, which was very perplexing. Even our tech person was confused with what was going on so it took a little bit to sort stuff out. Thanks to everyone for their patience! See you next month!
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 4:07 pm

tis okay nerd-kun ^^ everyone still seemed to have a great time! :3

huh i just realized nezumi wasnt there....

also, you should show D gray man soon! >:3 it would be awesome o3o

love ya nerd-kun! ♥ Naruto8
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm

What was the mystery anime? If it was Gurren Lagann I swear.....

And we should show D. Gray-man when it gets here!
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:17 pm

We showed an episode of Air Gear and, in lue of some online trivia (since I didn't want to put people through another round of me fiddling with new AV equipment), an episode of The Wallfower. ahh...something always seems to go slightly amiss. Get the internet fixed; weird remote issues. The good news is that's all straightened out now (finally!) so we should be good for next time.

D.Gray-man will be out by Funimation in the states sometime in 2009 so we should be able to show it next year. I promise we will show Gurren Lagann sometime Genten too. I just can't say when or it will ruin the surprise.

IF anyone is curious about why our wirelss was so temperamental, it turned out there was a whole dead zone in our library that our tech people didn't even know about. Whenever we were using wirelss it had to draw it from a really far away spot and so that's why sometimes it would work and then sometimes just when it seemd we fixed it it would suddenly stop. They had to crawl up in the ceiling to get to it. Our tech people are awesome though, so we now have wireless in the community room (yeah!)
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:23 pm

ah, good ol' nerds--er i mean tech people ^^
(jk jk)
oh yeah, i forgot d gray man wasnt in english yet. we should just go online and watch the japanese, i heard the english dub got pretty screwed up too. vic apparently plays another character in d gray man (vic is popular! ♥) but he screwed up tamaki pretty badly (i havent heard it personally yet but some of my ouran fan friends were crying about how bad the english voice were) so im afraid to see what happens to d gray man.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm

I saw the voice actors of Haruhi and that guy with the puppet. They were hilarious!

I don't diss the English actors until I see it myself.

I like the D. Gray-Man manga better.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:37 pm

ive only watched a little of the anime, im ahead in the manga but not completly caught up.

dude! nekozawa! (the creepy dude with the puppet) im cosplaying as him next year! its gonna be so much fun. im doing a ouran cosplay with sai, hannah, jessie, kitsune and some girl who was linali during youma con. (shes gonna be out haruhi)

lesse, im being nekozawa (lols, it fits with me XD)
sai is being kaoru
hannah is being hikaoru (sp?)
jessie is being tamaki (sparkly!!! XD)
kitsune is being that otaku girl whos obssesed with kyohi or however you spell his name. the smartsy dude
i think we have someone for honey-sempai and hopefully our friend lavi from youma con will be mori-sempai. lavi might also be kaito in our vocaloid cosplay ^^
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:55 pm

hey dont forget about me!! Im gonna host too!!!

i don't know who though.....

and yayz 4 d. Grey!!! im caught up and luv it!! totaly cosplaying as Bak chan one of these days!!! afro
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:11 pm

BAK CHAN!!!! -fangirl squee- i dont know how someone can not love bak! hes just.....just....bak! XD i dunno why but bak chan makes me smile ^^ might just be his name though.....^^;
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:54 pm

I never got into the manga very much (i...hate that art style....so much...)

And....I have nothing else to say. Except Allen is awesome. Then Rabi (or Lavi, because they're the same person).
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 pm

i love lavi!!!!!!!!!! XDDDD

and i love the drawing style, except how their legs seem unhumanly long sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:52 pm

No, the only thing I hate about it is the huge eyes....they're so creepy....like they're staring into your soul....

And Lavi rocks. I love his weapon.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:18 pm

lavi is just all around awesome and pretty damn hot sometimes. i love the part when lavi was fighting krory and krory freaking caught his big ass hammer in his teeth!!!! (of course at that moment no one knew his teeth were innocence)

krory is such a cry baby in the beginning, i love him! XD
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:26 pm

if i was taller and hade black hair i would totaly be a koroy cosplayer!!

we should start a d. grey role play now that we know people enjoy it and we have another one going. and its not like we need to worry that the names will be taken. and while we are at it we should make a naruto ine to, because everyone here luvs naruto... <runs away to make a hidan and koroy accounts>
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:37 pm

um i dont know about that yoshi....making a couple rp accounts in fine (i made a rin kagamine one) but you have to make sure to keep up on it, and making a rp account for every anime you like, thats a little overdoing it. you making a hidan account would be fine, but only make ones for characters you rp as alot.

i like the naruto idea, your hidan, im itachi, kitsune is deidara and we could get sai sasuke and maybe some of our other friends to make some too. then we can start a naruto rp thread ^^

anyone who wants to join our naruto rp post it here! ^^ if enough people like rping a certain anime we can make different rp threads (i know theres a few people on here who dont like naruto)
Back to top Go down
Rika-Taichou-14
Jonin
Rika-Taichou-14

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Aw, I missed it again. I have to come to the next one. Especially if you're showing Gurren Lagann soon. I love that anime!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 7:01 pm

I've been begging Nerd-kun to show Gurren Lagann for WEEKS! Thankfully someone else can join me!

Someday I'll make an RP account....someday, someday...
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 pm

i really liked Wallflower, though it wasn't as good as other stuff done by Shinchi Watanabe. i really think we need other works done by Nabeshin like Quack experimental anime Excel Saga or Nerima Daikon Brothers.

i also propose we have a GAINAX night like we had one for CLAMP, i don't think GAINAX has ever done a bad series so i think a night consisting of Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, Diebuster and most importantly, one of the most influential anime of all time... Gunbuster.

i highly suggest a GAINAX night, please consider it.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:43 pm

If we're doing a GAINAX night, which I hope we do, can we leave out He is my Master? The manga's hilarious, but I just don't think the anime was very good (especially the opening! He is my Master needs an upbeat perverted opening! Not an Aria-esque one!) And it sidetracks so much from the original manga....

Lets see, if we do GAINAX I don't think we should show Evangelion. Yes, it's one of the most influential and popular series ever, but....I feel bad saying 'everyone talks about this, I'm so sick and tired of it', so...I think we should show some of the less popular stuff, or, well, stuff that not many people in the meeting know about.

Although if we're showing one Gunbuster, we must show the other! And I'm so sad I missed Wallflower, but I've read up to volume 17 in the manga, so I don't think I missed anything too important.

Would it be impossible to show Paradise Kiss for the mystery anime? Or When they Cry?

(And a GAINAX night must have FLCL!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion   Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nov. Meeting Feeback /Discussion
Page 1 of 1