Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion

Go down 
+3
Yoshi
Neko
Librarian Hokage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:59 pm

As always, here 's a place to talk about last meeting if you want to.
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:41 pm

twas fun but my mind seemed to be in a haze almost the entire meeting. i think i was trying to focus on to many people at once and watch the anime at the same time, didnt work to well @_@

haha everyone attacked sai-chans ginger bread house! we expected this but not to that extent. but it was for a good laugh and nothing bad happened ^^ except for a bit of rough housing by ashley and...sam i think his name is, everything went smoothly ^^

im glad some new people came ^^ (i think there was only one or two thought o.O)
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:55 am

awww...... i had to miss for a stupid choir concert...... Sad

well im glad you guys had fun
Back to top Go down
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:57 am

And the only reason I was able to attend was because I had my Quizbowl game on Monday.

i liked Code Geass, although when we finally watch Gurren Lagann...
Back to top Go down
Kaze-Hime
Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm

I have not been to a meeting in some time, how was it?
Back to top Go down
http://wheniclosemyeyes.deviantart.com
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:48 am

i was really happy to see Code Geass being as i think it's one of the best new anime to be put out and may be one of the classics of the future.

i have to admit though, when i saw the bouncing Haro Bandai intro i thought it was Gundam 00, so when it was Code Geass a bit disappointed. i mean its a great series and all but its a bit slow to start off and is also shown on [as] so its kinda well known, i was really psyched for Gundam 00 because it gets off the ground running and is also more obscure being as now Gundam has dropped off the mainstream after CN stopped showing it.

it'd even be happy to see the sub of 00, because even though i am a huge dub fan i have to admit that the dub of 00 is horrifyingly bad, so seeing it subbed would make me happy.

i'm kinda hoping you'll aquire/show Excel Saga or Nerima Daikon brothers at some point, wallflower really got me in the mood for some Nabeshin!
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:33 pm

ouran english is out too. that should definutly be shown too.
though apparently the english voices are awful.
im actually about to go watch the first two episodes in english right now.
-shudders-
if i dont come back kakashi is still mine...
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:25 pm

January is our last month showing Fruits Basket and after that Ouran High School Host Club is actually going to be our next ongoing anime we will show (for about 4 months or so).
-We will be showing it in Japanese. Wink
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 pm

thank you nerd-kun!
the english dub is BEYOND HORRIBLE!!!
i finally watched the first episode, i almost coudnt finish it.
THEY PRONOUNCE TAMAKI'S NAME WRONG!!!
they call him "tama-ki"
and he sounds like edward elric trying to be nice and flirty. IT DOESNT WORK!!!!
why vic why?! i trusted you!!!!!
-cries-

you should also show azumanga daioh eventually ^^
im gonna go watch the op for that on youtube again! =D
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:05 pm

Try to get your hands on Tweeny Witches. And play it dubbed because, my god, the english voices sound a lot better than the japanese.

I have not yet seen the english version of Ouran High School. From the few snippets I heard of it, it sounded...mediocre, at the very least.

Go team Sea Slug!
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:06 pm

it depends gen, if you want to be a devoted ouran fan but melt your brain and ears at the same time, go watch the ouran dub.

but if your satisfied completly with the manga and japanese version and really dont feel like making your head explode...stay far away from it.....
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:24 am

I can't read the manga. The art style is really ugly (those eyes are way too big).

I'm debating on renting the series, I watched most of the episodes on Youtube a long time before it was licensed. As it stands now, it comes after Darker than Black vol. 1.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:39 pm

CodeGeuss wasn't my type of anime/manga I'd read. P:

Fruits Basket, I enjoyed pretty well! ^-^

I can't wait to start watching Ouran again! ^-^ I keep watching it over and over and find myself laughing and enjoying it so much! xD

And yeah Azumanga Daioh sounds like a good anime too!
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:42 pm

azumanga daioh is the DEFINITION of crack-filled manga. read it, its freaking awesome....i need to get the next book...

really, gen? the eyes are kinda big but i think the style is...cute, in a way. but to each his own. -^_^-
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:46 pm

I've read the senior volume which is the last

I just need the other three volumes that come before it but I don't know where to find it as I've only seen the 4th volume in the Canton Media Center.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:10 pm

I got the 3rd and 4th volumes from the library in a contest. I have never read the rest of the manga and really don't care too. I dislike the way volume one is set up. I have, however, watched the anime series and the 'movie'.

If anyone is looking for the manga, the individual volumes are pretty hard to find. Try looking for the Omnibus.

Speaking of Azumanga Daioh, has anyone else read/seen his other series?

@Neko: I have this aversion to super huge eyes unless they have a retro-shoujo look. Take Mamotte!Lolipop for example. Huge eyes, retro-shoujo. It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:28 pm

lenalee, you read the last volume first? you wont understand anything if you do that. not to mention the spoilers. -3-
i hate reading manga out of order, its a huge pet peeve of mine. occasionally i do it by accident, like i grabbed black cat, search the whole book for a number, didnt find one and assumed it was the first book....got home, opened the book and found out it was vol 4 -_-" still read it but i went back and got the other three books. i also read warriors book 4 first. and the dragon quartet, i searched the entire book for a number!! it was after i bought it i saw in reeeeaaaally tiny letters 'volume 2'
but i havent had bad luck like that in a long time.

...wait theres only four books of azumanga daioh? that sucks T^T
the way the first one is layed out is kinda weird, but they change it later at least. at least thats what i think your saying. megatokyo was the same way...but thats american made so it doesnt count. oh i have to see if they updated!

ive read up to volume....4 i think of yotsuba. its really cute and funny ^_^
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Genten, what is omnibus? o-O

Neko, same here, but I go back and reread if need be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 am

An omnibus lenaleechan is a collection of several volumes into one big volume. We do have the 4 individual volumes at the library. They are a little beat up though, so we may be replacing them with the omnibus in the future.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm

So isn't the omnibus huge? o-o
Back to top Go down
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 pm

yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 pm

Oh wow...>-<
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm

The AzuDaioh manga is enjoyable...in spades. I love it, though, and the last episode/few comics made me sad. And yes, there is only four volumes.

I have read every Yotsuba&! volume currently out in america. I've read non of School Rumble, though I have watched the first two discs.

To add on to Nerd-kun, an omnibus is much easier than buying the separate volumes. It only costs twenty dollars, which is $20 cheaper than if you buy the separate volumes.
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Genten wrote:
The AzuDaioh manga is enjoyable...in spades. I love it, though, and the last episode/few comics made me sad. And yes, there is only four volumes.

I have read every Yotsuba&! volume currently out in america. I've read non of School Rumble, though I have watched the first two discs.

To add on to Nerd-kun, an omnibus is much easier than buying the separate volumes. It only costs twenty dollars, which is $20 cheaper than if you buy the separate volumes.
Yeah, that is pretty cheap P:
And what's Yotsuba? o-o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dec. Meeting Feedback / Discussion
Page 1 of 1