Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion

Go down 
+4
Nik
Yoshi
Genten
Librarian Hokage
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Librarian Hokage
Admin
Librarian Hokage

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 pm

As awlays, all comments and suggestions are welcome. Smile Thank you to everyone who came!
Back to top Go down
https://cantonteenanimanga.forumotion.com
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Late, much? I came on last night to see if anyone had posted anything. Yeah, wish I could have made it, but the stupid appointment went 'till nine.

Anyway, did you show Gurren Lagann? That's the main reason I tried to make it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:05 pm

twas another exiting instalment in the vivid history of the Amimanga clubs name.

that was the lowest turnout in months don't you think? ah well its okay, it was kinda nice to actually be able to watch the anime for once Razz
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:13 pm

So there wasn't running around and screaming like there normally is?

Rod Serling, I think we've entered...

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion The-twilight-zone
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 pm

lol i <3 you gen... anyone that makes that kind of refrence is my kind of person!

and there was, just in much greater moderation
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 am

Anyone who watched the original (not the color version, that doesn't count) Twilight Zone is awesome in my opinion. Ah, the 28 DVD set, so awesome, yet so expensive.

Ahem, aside from that, how many people do you think were there? What do we normally gross, 20 something?
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:05 am

i've seen every one....

we nomally have arounnd 25-30 (i head cheacked one day) but we only had 10-15 there
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Only 10-15? Wow, maybe everyone was sick (or kidnapped by aliens, that's probable). Hopefully we'll have more people next month.

So, what was the mystery anime?
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:48 am

umm i think it was Gurren Lagen, but i was paying mor attention to neko deidei and sai in pretty dresses..... DAMN MY MALE URGES!!!

giant robot anime's don't really float my boat so it ws kinda background noise.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:43 am

Yoshi, if I feared I wouldn't break my monitor I would hurl a very heavy rock at you. So I'm throwing a virtual rock instead. Bah.

Now how to put this....you should have watched the mystery anime. Now you will be in the dark when most anime fans converse about it. Now, if ever you see a cosplayer with pointy sunglasses you won't know who they are, and you cannot grieve with other fans talking about when Kamina....

Ooh, spoiler. Better not write that. Um, yeah, that's all pretty over dramatized, because I don't do that but it really sucks to see all these people talking a bout this really cool series and you're sitting there with a "WTF?" look on your face. First it was Reborn, then it was Host Club....

Spare yourself. Go rent the discs. They do have pretty dresses, don't they? Although, I really don't get why they wear them to the meetings, you'd think they'd get food smears on 'em. Maybe it really is all to distract you.....

Gah, I need more sleep.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:54 am

Shocked i belive that i have just been ranted at...
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Yoshi, you have just been pwned. By me. What the heck, man? Anyway, my Random Acts of B*tchiness, as I call them, though 'diatribe' is more apt, can be directed at everything and anyone. Such as the current Strep virus I seem to have contracted. On my leg. Yipee.

Anyway, no hard feelings, but, in all seriousness, go watch Gurren Lagann. With friends, preferably (anime is much more entertaining in groups).
Back to top Go down
Nik
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 am

Ah, sorry I didn't make it myself. I was intending on making a first appearance but, as it happens, my car doesn't start when it gets too cold. That... also happens to be the reason why no one could find me at school on Wednesday until fifth hour. I DIDN'T GET THERE until then.

How did Gurren Lagann go off? We showed it at the HS in June 08; but, everyone was too spazzy to really process it. Last meeting, you know.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:06 am

okay i knew i should have checked this long ago, totally missed out on the entire conversation.

okay, for starters there really wasnt many people. i was kinda glad to...i like a more, home-y i-know-everyone-there feeling....though there was like two people i didnt know....no i think a few more. but i did probably scare a couple people [like i normally do ♥] i saw one guy reading d gray man so sai and i were like =O gasp! and we ran over to him to talk about it but he had just started it. and another time i think i was attacking that one kid and i looked over and that other guy was wearing a deaht note t-shirt. so i screamed 'death note!' while pointing at him and then i ran off again -3-

yeah gurren lagann was okay. i guess i was just to tired to care. i was actually falling asleep towards the end. but at least i know who yoko is now. i played a po--......very innapropiet game involving her on fakku, so i recongnized her when she appeared in the anime.

and yoshi, i was wearing a kimono thank you very much!
hehe jk, thanks for the compliment akira ;p [sakamoto-sama]
anyway, gen we wear dresses or at least something not everyday like because its like our monthly cosplay. we always have themes when we go to animangas. its fun. we were doing a princess princess theme last meeting. we dont actually have matching dresses so kitsune wore her big poofy blue dress because it looks victorian and mikoto is call princess of the west
yuujiro is princess of the east so i wore a kimono.
sai wore kitsunes lovely long magenta dress that split up the leg, she was being tooru. ...central princess, didnt matter what she wore ^_^

and we have gotten things on our dresses. i spilt pop on kitsunes blue dress once T^T

we just find it so much fun ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:59 am

Wish I could have made it even more now. The know-everyone-there clubs are better than the who-the-heck-are-half-of-these-people ones.

I have a picture of my eight grade math teacher reading D.Gray-man. It was shown in our graduation slide, so everyone and their second cousins saw it.

Sheesh, did no one find Gurren Lagann interesting? Neko was falling asleep, Yoshi had been taken over by male hormones...I still wish I could have gone.

(By the way, Nia is better than Yoko. At least before she turns into the Evil mode.)

And I hope we see Nik next meeting too. Our car also hates the cold weather.
Back to top Go down
yeama
Chunin
yeama

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:46 pm

srry late
* i didn't know u could this Kaos-Brown3 Kaos-Brown7
Kaos-Brown14
i loved this meeting
mostly blame the wather for the lack of people
next time it should be warmer not like -2 out so more people can come and i know i'm going to dress in something and be watever Kaos-Pika1
<< maby if i can get pass my mom and dad ^^

all in all it was fun cant wait till the next one!
Back to top Go down
http://randomashell0o.weebly.com/
Yoshi
Kage
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 pm

i'm glad you enjoyed it! hope to see you again!
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 am

Nia superior to Yoko?
boy you best be trollin'! lest i be forced to beat you upside the head with my Haro until you pee blood.

Nia is the annoying type of pacifist that gets in the way of all the people trying to fight for their life. now i like Lacus [Gundam SEED Destiny] because she is a strong-minded pacifist that realizes her job as peacekeeper is best done from the bridge of a battleship where the enemy can't kill her and her crew can kill them if needed. Nia keeps getting herself captured like she was princess peach! Nia annoyed me, i wanted to jump through that screen and beat some intelligence into her.

Yoko is so awesome i have to question if Haruko is really the most bad arse girl i've ever seen in an anime. Yoko is like if you took Revy from black Lagoon and put her in Meer Campbell's body, and seeing her fight the the only way it could get better is if she was fighting a guy with sea-weed eyebrows or a giant iron. Yoko made my jaw drop in amazement at her awesomeness, Nia made me facepalm in shame.

i'd missed the first 6 episodes of Gurren Lagann, so seeing episode 1 was nice. it was even better with my head resting on Neko's lap, inner-thigh, stomach, or whatever body part i was resting on at that point.

this was probably the best meeting i'd been to, admittedly more do to the fact that me and Neko were tired so i got to snuggle up and rest on her like a little puppy, but the quieter experience of just talking to Neko and Sai without having to yell over brats was nice.

that meeting was awesome, but for all the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:54 pm

I've got a headache and mild depression going on (why do I have to be in Pre-AP Chem? Oh, god, why couldn't I be a slacker!) so if this post is short it's not because I have nothing to say. I could go on for hours ranting on how Nia is better than Yoko (before the third season, and, admittedly, Yoko was pretty awesome in that one episode...urgh, I can't remember the number) but I can't.

Partially because I still have homework to do.

Anyway, I am a chick, insult me properly. And, to some extent, I am a troller (have you ever said you liked a dub in a sub vs. dub thread that's predominantly sub? Best. Reaction. EVER.)

And, um, without Nia wouldn't Simon have spiraled into that depression and not pulled off that completely badass move in episode 11?

I'm trying to think of a badass girl...Haine. She may not go around with a revolver but wow, a Yank.

Stop rubbing the awesomeness of the meeting in my face. It's not my fault I was in the hospital! (AND the Quizbowl team lost, but that was kind of expected).
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 pm

i dont have much to add here -3-
i just feel like stateing this
*ahem*
lucy is the most badass out of all the anime girls i know!!!! dude who doesnt love and agree that lucy is the definition of badass?! i love her fetish with ripping off peoples heads XDD

[lucy from elfin lied in case anyone didnt know]

though meiko is pretty badass too....still, meiko isnt as violent as lucy [and doesnt have to awesome vector things] so im still going with lucy as number 1.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 4:21 am

sorry, my bravado got in the way of my thinking. i just wanted to use the "must be trollin'" line. i apologize for taking a friendly debate and show boating in it turning it into a flame-war. i'll try to be more reserved in the future. i never meant to insult. God i feel like a tool now.

well yeah, Nia inspired Simon to do all kinds of cool things, but on her own i think Yoko is pretty awesome.

yeah, Lucy is pretty awesome, but i don't like Elfin lied, it was just so poorly written in my mind, i heard the manga is much better, i need to read that at some point. but Lucy to me just came off as cocky and whiny, "i have cool powers and nobody loved me as a child." i must admit she is a sad figure for the most part and its kouta that really drags the show down, but i think that Lucy would be in a realfight against Yoko or Haruko.

but i'll admit Lucy is fun to watch kill people, i'd say she's definitely up there in coolest fighting styles and girl.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Flame wars are my food. They're probably the most entertaining thing on the Internet (and I did not take offense to anything you said)

True, in terms of straight up awesomeness...actually, Kamina kind of wins, but in the girl category, I believe Yoko is in the first place. I just like Nia better because I sometimes get tired of Yoko's attitude. Sometimes I do need a break, and Nia has a kind of calming effect.

I never watched or read Elfin Lied, but my opinion of the show is that it seems more fish out of water plot than anything. It seems a little convoluted and disorganized, so I can't really get into it.

But, any anime that has massive deaths is entertaining in some respect.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 pm

yeah, to me Elfin lead is something i kind of just have to think of as an awesome anatomy lesson rather than a full fleged emotional story.

all of the characters have great personalities and good personalities [except kouta and his cousin, who both are kinda of annoying and a drag to deal with] a better way to explain the show is a violent web comic, VG Cats or Ctrl+Alt+Del with exploding limbs and blood fountains. i remember when it was over wishing i could put Bando, Nana and Mayu in a good series.

but then again i love Jason Statham and Vin Diesel movies so i can't complain about bad plots. -^_^-
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Sometimes you really do need those mindless movies with explosions and deaths and no complicated thoughts. That's why I want to see Quantum of Solace. (Is that how it's spelled?)

Pointlessly violent series that are like Hollywood action movies? Black Lagoon.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 pm

(i only read half of what you guys typed)

yeah the elifin lied plot does kinda suck, and kouta....yeah fuck him and his cousin.

but gen you should still watch elfin lied. regardless of the messy plot its still pretty good. theres only 13 episodes. but i warn you;
THE ENDING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
you will want to rip your hair out and scream at your tv!!!!!
its just one of those "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!"
things.
i love how in elfin lied all the pink haired girls are badass though XD

yoko is pretty cool but ive only seen that one episode so i dont know to much about her =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next