Canton Teen Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canton Public Library's Teen Animanga Club

HomeEvents CalendarGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion

Go down 
+4
Nik
Yoshi
Genten
Librarian Hokage
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genten
One of the Legendary Sannin
Genten

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Hmm, a lot of pink haired girls are badass (like Mew Ichigo!) I've heard the ending of Elfin Lied was a "WTF!?" ending, which is mostly why I don't want to watch it. I don't mind open-ended closers for series, but Fudged Mystical Endings and Endings That Don't Make Sense I can't deal with.

Go. Watch. The rest of. Gurren Lagann. I compel you! (Hmm, without the Geass power it really isn't so cool...)

There's so much snow...I wish I was in Florida.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm

yeah, i was thinking about grabbing the gurren lagann dvd while i was at the library. but its rare for me to actually sit down and watch tv. i usually just have it on for background noise while im on the computer.
i did grab black cat and wall flower 1 (when though im like past book 10 in both series) maybe ill stop by the library tomorrow and pick up disc one? ill have plenty of time to watch it while im at my dads. if not ill try watching it next weekend or something.

oh and i totally agree about the snow thing (though im not particulaly fond of florida)
i am SO sick of the snow. i want srping to come and bring warm weather. more importantly i want srping to come and bring warm weather and COMIC CON so i can see kakashi-san -3-
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcatcomics.weebly.com
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Go pick up the Gurren Lagann disc when you have the chance. I guarantee it'll be worth your time.

Ah, Wallflower. I'm up to vol. 17, but I haven't watched one episode of the anime. As for Black Cat I'm only on vol. 9 or something like that.

How much snow are we supposed to get? Gah, does it EVER end?
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

the library discs are so unreliable for me unfortuantly. (neither is my computer, the reasos why i read 95% of my anime)
i forgot that my playstation two SUCKS at playing dvds from the library. and my vcr/dvd player wont play dvds period for some reason. oh well, ill just watch both disc while im at my dads and ill try to get gurren lagann tomorrow.

im up to 17 too in wallflower...um i think im on book 16 or 17 in black cat?

unfortuantly the snow wont go away till at least march, probably =_=
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:18 am

i LOVE snow! -^_^- i was so happy to see it snowing this week,i was so sad when i thought it was all going to go away.

unfortunately i haven't had a chance to walk/frolic in it in a while. i like spring and summer because its warm and stuff but i think winter is the prettiest time of year! i always miss the snow when it goes away, i wish it was winter more time, like let it go from summer to winter over-night, fall sucks.

i really like the Black Cat manga much better than the anime. i'm only on book 11 of the manga though,i'm behind you guys on everything! TT_TT

is wallflower that good? maybe i'll start reading it soon, a few of the manga i've been reading have ended a so i have room for new series.

Black Cat, Tsubasa and xxxHolic are all kinda bad in anime form, but Tsubasa and xxxHolic are only bad because the dubs are terrible, the Black Cat anime is just bad in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://thegreatfoxboymkii.weebly.com/
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 pm

snow is beautiful, i love walking down my dirt road when the small span of forest kind of hides the other houses and stuff, it looks very pretty and makes you feel calm. but i just wish snow could be warm. i hate being cold and i absolutly hate wearing thick layers. i like my sweatshirt and thats it!

though kitsune and i really want to play in the snow at least once. im gonna try to spend an entire day at her house next weekend so we can make anime snow men. i wanna make a kakashi snow man ♥

fall is my favorite time of year. the weather is cool, perfect for a sweatshirt and jeans. sometimes you can get away with wearing a shirt or simply just a short sleeved shirt, the leaves are pretty and to me everything just feels cool and relaxed. i enjoy walking around on cool, cloudy slightly windy days. during warm seasons i often walk around canton for a hour or more on days like that. im such a picky person when it comes to weather ;p i hate extreme cold and heat and i hate very sunny days.

the black cat anime does kind of suck. when we watched it at animanga i was just like 'de fuck?' its so off from the manga....kinda. i think...yeah. but the opening and endings are really good though, it makes me giggle X3
im just watching the anime because i can. i prefer reading so i didnt want to start an entirely new anime.

wallflower is really good. funny, suggestive and has lots of pretty boys.
we watched a couple episodes during one animanga, do you remember it jd?
Back to top Go down
LenaleeChan
S-Class
LenaleeChan

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Yeah...about the mystery anime, I told my friend and she freaked out saying it was her favorite anime and all.

She totally hates you guys now -_- but that's what she gets for not going. She's such a brat...>->
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:35 pm

I never said I hated snow, I just hate shoveling the driveway. Although when my mom asks me and my brother to do it we normally just end up playing. Before our neighbors moved out we got into huge snowball fights. We also have a lot of rounded portions of our neighborhood so when the plows come through all the snow is collected in these huge piles.

I'm a horrible snowman maker, I need at least another person to do it or mine falls over.

I love summer and spring the most because it rains a lot. I love rain so much, especially when there are the huge summer thunder storms. Rain just has this calming effect...Plus, my birthday is in summer. I like fall too, because the trees are all pretty and it's perfect apple-eating weather.

I enjoy wearing loose clothes, so those seasons are the best for me. Plus, summer means swimming, which I love. But then, you get a lot of cookies in winter...Summer evenings are the best part. It's great to just walk around Ann Arbor or Depot town and take in the sights. It's also great to just sit on a Dairy Queen bench eating ice cream and watching the people walk by.

I'm just like you Neko, I hate really hot or cold days, I prefer sixty degree weather and cloudy days, but sometimes lying down on the grass and staring at the blue sky is really the best feeling....Ugh, now I'm tired.

I didn't like the Black Cat anime so much either. Why is Saya still alive in the first episode? and why haven't Sven and Train met yet? Argh! Although I must admit, I love the opening and closing.

Go watch/read Wallflower. Sunako is hilarious and the guys are hot. Kyohei and Sunako are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 5:11 pm

i agree with the whole weather thing.
i actually really want it go get warm and sunny soon 'cause i wanna go to a park not to far from my house and take pictures in cosplay with kitsune. i wanna take a picture of me sitting in a tree eating dango or something like that. a side of itachi you never see. or just laying in the grass. saso-chan took pictures in the snow in cosplay, they were really freaking good. i was so tempted to do that too but i didnt want to get cold and im not skilled like him, i need someone with me ^_^; maybe kitsune and i will do that next time it snows....
i can take some great winter akatsuki cosplay pics since i have the hat too. it'll look freaking awesome, itachi bitter from the cold, snow accumulating on his hat, a angst like aura about him...yeah....

my birthday is in the spring techinically but its usually warm and summer like to me when my birthday comes around.
one thing i can not stand is humidity though. no matter how nice of a day it is, cool and cloudy whatever, if its really humid i will not go outside!!!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:11 pm

Humidity really is the worst. I get so lazy on those days. But the Ann Arbor Art Fair is always on the hottest days of the year!

I've never taken cosplay pictures, but I've seen some really pretty ones. Good luck.

Which park? We have a really nice one not to far, it's got a boardwalk that goes around the entire lake, and it's really pretty in the spring and summer months.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm

i like the temperature during fall, i just don't like seeing all the leaves fall out. to me fall reminds me of death so its really depressing, as pretty as all the leaves are the feelings i get from seeing them kinda spoil it for me.

i like spring because its cool and stuff is coming back to life, to me it feels really happy ad energetic as opposed to fall that to me feels like a lack of energy, like that first moment a person stops breathing. winter is just calm and peaceful to me, i don't mind thecold though i'm starting to more and more nowadays.

i like summer because of the freedom from school and i also love to swim, but i do hate the uber-hot weather, having to mow the lawn when its 90 and humid, and now with the bad economy the air conditioning will be even more rare at my house. humidity is the death of me. i love to drink lots of cold water so hot isn't so much of a problem, but humid never goes away.

i hate the dryness of winter a lot too, my skin gets all dry and unattractive and my zune keeps getting shorted out by the static in my hoody pocket. i'm jamming to a song and all of a sudden silence. its also gotten so cold before that cell phones and mp3 players have died on me because the battery died.

i'm trying to think of what seasons would be good for my cosplays, i can see Lockon sniping covered in snow from holding his position so long, or camoflaged by fallen leaves. the hilarity of a sniper covered in flowers also comes to mind. Kira frolicking through a field of flowers in spring or on the beach looking up at the stars on a clear summer's night would work well. and looking all moody with all the fallen leaves in winter would work well. Yzak yelling angrilly at some spring flowers, or looking angry on a beach. or even better him with a mound of snow on his head!

best of all is Albel in his Man-skirt and thigh-highs hip deep in snow, or holding a bunch of flowers looking sadistic in spring. fall breeze blowing the loin cloth up maybe? ^.~

i need to find more main-stream characters to cosplay as... -.-
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:55 pm

you dont need to find mroe main stram cosplays, cosplay as whoever you want ;3 vocaloids arent main stream and most people only know miku.

if you know a character well enough and really....you can feel like them, you can make any season work to your advantage. i think summer nights and cloudy winter days are easiest for itachi. maybe a windy fall day too. but whos to say even itachi cant relax and enjoy the flowers everyone once in awhile?
i hate to admit it, but the more relaxed side of itachi you almost never see, i almost always think back to this itachi x sakura fic i read LOOOOONG time ago. (before i started cosplaying as him) they captured sakura and held her prisoner and stuff, but itachi slowly started to show compassion for sakura and such. theres this one scene where she walks outside and she sees itachi with his hair down sitting by some cherry blossome trees and the wind picks up blowing the petals around him. i like thinking of a tender side of itachi, a side he does not and can not express openly. a angst like tender side, but still its different from his usually coldness.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm

yeah, i know its the heart of the character and stuff that matters, but at the same time i do kinda wanna fit in with the group and stuff. i don't want to dress as someone i don't know just to fit in, but i do wish there was a character i really felt connected to in Naruto or D. Grayman. i mean i really like Sasuke, almost as much as Kira [almost], but i don't feel like i could be him, like really feel like him. maybe if i thought about it more and stuff i could, and i do love his sound outfit [though isn't he and the other Taka/Hebi members wearing Akatsuki cloaks now?] so i could probably be him.

but you guys are right, i should be who i want to be and really running in 20 different direction isn't the best plan. if i feel like being Sasuke i will, and if i find a DGM character i could "fit inside" so to speak i'd love to feel connected and fit in with Neko's group. but only if i really like it.

besides, if i'm the only Kira there, then i get all the Lacus' to myself MUHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:41 pm

it would be really funny to have you cosplaying as my foolish little brother, but unfortuantly your taller than me ^_^;

omg! though my actual foolish little brother annoys the hell out of me, when hes 10 im going to force him to cosplay as sasuke and im going to bring him to youma con with me for a couple hours. it will be sooo perfect! haha! XD
i should cosplay as itachi before he joined the akatsuki and stuff, carry alek on my back and all the fangirls will squee about 'brotherly' love.
gasp! =O
i should teach alek to call me onee-chan!!! that'd be great!
but when im itachi im onii-chan.
hm, i have much to teach my foolish little brother. i will not let our mother turn him into a jock! he will be a nerd!!!!! -flames of determination-
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm

My brother likes Genshiken. He's already started the transformation.

(Isn't this post short?)
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:47 pm

how old is your brother? genshiken is kinda pervy. good series though, i liked it. the drawing stlye wasnt my favorite but good nonetheless amsmilie

omg! again! i was about to type something else and i totally forgot! damn you distracting smilies!!!! punchsmilie

oh yeah, i remember now. alek was on the path to otakuness but then my mom said she didnt want him watching anything violent so he wasnt allowed to watch naruto anymore. or play the game with me.
then she started having him watch racing and football and hockey and baseball with her and steve and he really got into sports fadeba1

once hes older im going to have him start reading manga and watching more anime with me. punchsmilie
he will be a otaku.... smilie51
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:29 am

Damn straight.

My brother's only eleven, but he likes it, so who cares? smilie22

That smilie, the one I put in above, reminds me of the girl-whose-name-I-forget-that-rides-on-a-horse in He is My Master. It's awesome. kopya

Gah, make sure your mom doesn't waste a perfectly good anime fan! Move quickly before the jock mindset sets in! :emo4smilie:

I wasn't allowed to watch Pokemon when I was younger because it was 'too violent' for my brother. :darksmilie:

Nevertheless, I seem to watch much more violent stuff nowadays... shysmilie

My brother will become an otaku...The seed has already been implanted into his brain... snicker2smilie
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:29 am

alek is only 7, his mind is still mold-able. maikkasmilie
i wont let him be a jock, hell no, not my brother nononosmilie

when my mom isnt home and im watching naruto i let him watch it with me, and once he can read perfectly fine im going to find some child-ish manga for him to read. em38smilie he already likes reading so it shouldnt be to hard to get him to read manga. brushingsmilie ill dress him up sometimes depending on my cosplay (like the whole itachi and sasuke thing) and he will fall to the grasp of insanity in no time!!! punchsmilie

hehe the seed....giggle snort kukukuh
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Remember, the moldable mind stops at, oh, age thirteen. Hopefully I can cram some classic anime into his head by then (he loves princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Millennium Actress [which he damn well should]).
shysmilie

Thankfully my brother's not into sports a lot or else I'd have a real problem... bingosmilie

And trust me, it isn't very hard to get people into manga (I got many people at my old school into it). snicker2smilie
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

well Neko, i know how easy it is for you to mold and control guys... though that effect on a 7 year old brother should disturb me, "should" because i've spent enough time on 4chan /b/ that incest is just an everyday part of my life. i think it could possibly even be cute if he fell under the complete Neko-spell.

my bro got me into sailor moon when i was tiny. then he showed me DBZ and mewtwo strikes back, subbed which i think was the first time i ever watched subbed anime. he also got me all the movies in subs as well.

Gundam Wing is still what made me an otaku, probably with a great deal of help from Outlaw Star. then stuff like pilot candidate, yu yu hakusho and inuyasha on [as] finished the job. God i miss that robotic voice they used to have...

all the jocks at my high school are uber-nice so i can't really relate to the whole "us vs. them" vibe, in fact most of the jocks at my school watched Tenchi as a kid and owned complete sets of trigun and cowboy bebop on DVD.

but yeah, its all of our jobs to fill small children with our seed, whether they like it or not! punchsmilie
Back to top Go down
Neko
Evil Kitty Overlord
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:48 pm

haha love that last statement jd snicker2smilie

mmm my foolish little brother is a follower and is influenced greatly by me, and my mom. when he was allowed to watch whatever he wanted and my mom didnt give a shit about sprts he watched tv with me all the time, loved cats and stuffed animals and played my video games. hes actually not to bad at ultimate ninja. i actually had to play seriously once or twice with him.

i got into anime when i was like....13-14 somewhere around there. but i guess i was already on the brink of insanity anyway, i just never embraced it.

eh, hes my bro, im not to fond of incest with him. i wish i was a guy, that'd be so much better brushingsmilie

hm....when my mom isnt home im going to teach him to start calling me onee-chan... amsmilie
the time is right...time to start taking small steps... snicker2smilie
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:52 pm

i'm sure your brother is very happy to know the reason you don't rape him that it'd be more fun with a penis...

but thats just who you are neko, and i can't help loving you for it! nwcsmilie you're just too perfect! smilie049
Back to top Go down
Genten
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:36 am

My brother is such a brat. He stopped being cute when he was, like, three.

Anyway, I likey boy/boy incest. As long as they don't populate the world with twelve-toed children it's okay with me.

I don't even get called sister by my brother, I get called Mads. If he ever calls me sis, I will have a heart attack and die on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Kira of the Eternal
Kira of the Eternal

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:51 pm

i usually use informal pronouns with everyone, so i call my brother "dude" a lot. but i always refer to him to other people as bro. though i'm not exactly a little kid so really it kinda is a moot point...

if i had little siblings i'd make them call me bro, and they would if they knew what was good for them.

yeah, everything is better with yaoi. 15 year old have sex with his 7 year old sister? ew! 7 year old brother? is more like inlovesmilie

dad fondles his daughter is much more creepy than fondling his son.

i'm a little confused how i got to this point but whatever, might as well enjoy where you end up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion   Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jan. Meeting Feedback / Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2